New incar wi-fi setup

The equipment is already out and they have service with Avis -- I can't imagine they can do that without approval...

I am not saying they have or have not . Quite a few do do it and risk the consequences before approval just for cash flow issues. The FCC can be a real pain in the butt for your final approvals and after you get it you still cannot release the product till they get around to officially posting on thier web site. . Just ask them for thier FCC id to be sure.
Could be the manufactured just enough for the Avis order and are now manufacturing for general orders . If they are producing units offshore . Your product can be held up to 120 days now if it came in by shipping container. lots of reasons for delays . Just ask them what is up. From what I hear they are great people. I am sure they will give you the latest status.
The equipment is already out and they have service with Avis -- I can't imagine they can do that without approval...

Autonet

I just sent them a summary of coverage and performance from testing it over the last couple of months. In my note, I also specifically asked about dates for unit availability, and also if they plan on month-by-month or yearly contracts only with the units. I'll post what I find out here if it is anything different from what others are hearing.

From my experience with the Autonet folks, I think production is running behind schedule and they are really busy...but they have always gotten back in touch with me, and have been very helpful along the way.

On the unit itself (and maybe Kevin can chime in if he reads this post): quite simply, it has changed the game for connectivity on the road for me. I can't imagine going back to the typical cell phone routine (even though that has worked very well for me). The Autonet router represents a substantial gain in coverage and speed, and most importantly, simplicity. Now we can get a quick, reliable connection to get the data we want or need, and spend more time concentrating on the reason why we are out there: STORMS! "Look ma, no more cables!".

Simple. Fast. Coverage. Bombproof Reliablity during our testing.

I'm starting to think that this AutoNet system is going to fall through and never happen. For one, the release date keeps getting pushed back and they won't offer any information at all. Any e-mail you send inquiring about the system goes unanswered.

I'm starting to think that this AutoNet system is going to fall through and never happen. For one, the release date keeps getting pushed back and they won't offer any information at all. Any e-mail you send inquiring about the system goes unanswered.

As I said above...I spoke with them on the phone a few weeks ago and they have changed the release date to "the fall." Quote from them. When in the fall? Who knows. It could be winter!

They did respond though to the question. I don't see this falling through as it has already been released on a limited basis. We shall see.

I sure hope they come out with it soon. My contract with Verizon expires at the end of the month and Verizon is already calling me to renew. If I can get this product and it works as advertised (or even close) then I will scrap my Verizon plan.

They have updated their web site now :)

When will Autonet Mobile be available?
It’s available through Avis now and will be available to consumers directly this fall. Click here
How fast is Autonet Mobile?
High speed access ranges from 600Kbps-800Kbps. Upload speeds about 200Kbps.

They took out summer and put fall. :) So now we play the waiting game. Ummm again. :)

Yes but they have until the first day of winter. :) Course they also said it would be summer. I am certain they believe it will be fall unless they change it to winter. Then they have until spring. lol :D

They have updated their web site now :)

When will Autonet Mobile be available?
It’s available through Avis now and will be available to consumers directly this fall. Click here
How fast is Autonet Mobile?
High speed access ranges from 600Kbps-800Kbps. Upload speeds about 200Kbps.

They took out summer and put fall. :) So now we play the waiting game. Ummm again. :)

And if you click the link, it says late summer 07... :)

Back