Nebraska Chasers

Wow! Great to see so many NE folks on the board now. Larry, I might take you up on your now casting offer sometime this season, but am having troubles juggling schedules right now. I expect things to settle down a little by mid may, so I should be able to get out more. Maybe the storms will help out and just come to me.

was wondering if there has ever been a get together in this area?

Tried last year, but that’s a story, we don’t need to go into.

might be something to consider for August or September

Remember, NE’s chase season is still going!

If you are hitting Kearney and thirsty after a long chase day, try the Thunderhead Brewery downtown. They make a Dark Wheat that is to die for. Order the Thunderballs and thank me later. No wireless access, but who CARES?

Sounds like we have a meeting place

Good luck to all this year and hope to see many of you

Tried last year, but that’s a story, we don’t need to go into.

Actually, I think it ended up being held in Texas for some reason ('nuff said!) :)

Remember, NE’s chase season is still going!

True, but weighing between the end of the season versus the onset of cooler fall and winter weather (as well as the mid winter holiday seasons), IMO, the August/September time frame would still be the best time (especially if it's a semi-outdoor event.)

Regards,

Mike

All you Nebraska chasers should get in touch with Dr. Ken Dewey at UNL. He is an avid chaser who likes to get storm documentation from others. He should also have some names of students who actively chase. There are also occasional get togethers with NWS, AWFA, AMS, etc. Unfortunately, I'm no longer living in Lincoln as Nebraska truely is "The Good Life" for chasing.

Hi there,
newbie here. is there anyone around anywhere near Chadron? If anyone ever gets this far out in the boonies, look me up! I'm also on Nechasing, so catch some of you there!! we have a possibility for strong storms today, so I will fill you in if we get anything good :) :) :D

Back