Mobile Internet Options

I just picked up the Verizon Hum for in-vehicle WIFI. It offers unlimited 4G, free roadside assistance, does diagnostics on your vehicle and some other stuff. It costs $25.00 per month for two vehicles. (After my $5.00 discount)

Hoi.
Sprint offers the Sprint Drive, too. I would never use one of these devices. Too much risk involved, and I don't fully trust that your insurance company wouldn't pally-pal around with the cell providers to use the extracted data to charge higher rates for not going 5 under the speed limit and not sitting at stop signs for 20 full seconds.

I know I'm late to this thread, but I thought I read somewhere that I can do a prepaid plan with a Jetpack on Verizon? I can't find anything on their website, but has anyone else done this? I switched to T-Mobile last fall and used mobile hotspot on my phone the few days I chased in 2018 and had decent coverage all over. It was slow, but that's probably due to me using a phone and not a Jetpack. Now that I am able to chase a lot this year, I need something faster and more reliable as I am starting streaming this season, but I don't really want to sign a contract and pay year round for something I'll only use in the spring. I'm on a budget and would rather spend money on other, better gear and actually when I am in the field this season.
This year we bought a new hotspot from Verizon - prepaid...UNLIMITED DATA!!!!! Cost about $75 from memory. Probably have to get it from a real Verizon store....finally - unlimited data!!!!
Verizon Ellipsis® Jetpack® MHS900L - only drawback - no antenna port

Back