Memorable chase video quotes

Not a chase vid, but just heard it on Storm Stories...
A lady near Jarrell TX filming a tornado..."I tell you what...that suckers coming this way"...right before it nails her house :shock:
But my all time favorite which has already been posted is from the OKC tornado on May 9, 2003...
Karen Rhoden: "What's going on?"
Tim Marshall: "Just a little tornado."
Then after the tornado...Tim: "WHAT A TORNADO!!!!!!"
Angie

June 14, 2004

I was filming a rotating wall cloud, and it was headed our way. My partner, who just reported the wall cloud, told me we had to move.

Me: "What did they say? Did they say there is a hook?"
Partner: "What was that?"
Me: "Was there a hook on radar?"
Partner: "Ohhh I.... (laughs) I am not worried about that."

That's probably the dumbest line I ever said on a chase Hahahahahaha. If it rotates, there IS a hook, but I obviously was not thinking at the time LOL :lol:

that's one of the stupid chaser quotes of all time - we have to go lots faster than a 40mph forward movement tornado.

Since the topic has momentarily shifted to "dumbest" chaser quotes, here's a few of my own dumbass quotes:

"Funnel....funnel on the ground there." - May 31, 1999, while watching a small tornado develop.

"Woooow, look at the beaver tail....outflow." - June 11, 1997, describing an incredible INFLOW feeder near Lela, TX. So much I didn't know back then (not unlike today :wink: )

Said to my chase partner, as I'm stepping in front of the vidcam, completely blocking the view of the tornado: "Watch out, you're gonna get rain on the lens." - May 29, 1997

Some of the dumbest stuff I've caught myself saying on video....

"I'm in a pretty safe location here. Well I'm in the parking lot of a funeral home. Hopefully I won't need it after this storm passes."

"This is like some of the perks of chasing. You don't go out specifically to see just a big flock of ****ing blackbirds gather round in a parking lot."

"They're (the birds are) like airplanes waiting for clearance on a runway"

"I just hope my windows don't break. That would kinda suck."

"Even if the winds get up to 70 mph I think I'll be ok. I mean my pants might be a little brown afterwards, but otherwise I should be ok."
--(9/18/2002 in Enid OK watching a massive blackbird evacuation take place in front of me just before outflow from an HP supercell hit)

"Gustnado #8.....gustnado #9........gustnado #10"
-- (5/15/2002 near Minneola KS - after seeing many gustnadoes south and east of the town I kind of broke into a Tim Marshall impersonation)

"Nah she wasn't topless."
-- (6/12/2004 just minutes before the Rock KS tornado - after turning around to take a second look at someone sitting on top of a car who at first glance appeared to be female and topless --- turns out she was indeed female, but wearing a string bikini top)

While we're on dumb quotes:

Two enthusiastic “chasers†at Bowling Green, KY ca. 1997
1: We're the Bowling Green Stormchasers!
2: We chase tornadoes, hail — we done Twister 2 . . .
1: . . . My car is gettin' the hell beat out of it!
2: Don't worry, Bowling Green — we're takin' care of you!
then, later — and alongside the tornado —
1: What's everybody slowing down for?
2: Go, people, go! — Don't stop, car . . .
1: Where is it?
2: It's right on top of us . . . it’s right on TOP OF US!!!

Back