Memorable chase video quotes

With CG's striking around him Neal Ras says calmly.. this is my living will I leave everything to my brother.. dramatic pause............. TEXAS GETS NOTHING!!

One line that gets me chuckling is Neal's Chickasha tornado video where he goes to lower the tripod legs to elimate the wind.

"Gonna lower the tripod legs to try to elimate the wind.... Oh here let me give you that MTV look.... Oh it's MTV... Wow... Tornado... Whoa...." Then says something real fast) "Ok enough sillyness... sorry about that folks, just couldn't resist...."

And then a few minutes later he yells "Just like on the weather channel!"

:lol:

And of course we all know the "Debris! Debris! Tornado! Passing right in front of us!" saying from Erik Rasmussen, when a tornado was crossing the road in front of them back in '81.

too many toys

Steve Miller and I came over a ridge last May 15 and found two wall clouds hugging the ground-- the Stratford wedge was about to touch down. The dash camera shows the view out front, but off-camera, I was apparently screwing around with a phone or my laptop or some other gadget or gizmo.

As the wedge was about to kick up its first spray of dust, I mumbled a curse about some techno-problem and Steve said, "Dude, we don't NEED any more DATA!" :D :D

AM

I remember in 2000 when I was in De Moine, IOWA we had the sirens going off, we were parked under a gas station and this gust of wind blew a few maccy d's containers and stuff down the road. I shouted "we have debris" and I was not allowed to forget that for the next two weeks. I guess it was the excitment of it all!! :oops:

April 26 1991 Near the soon to be redrock f4/5 wedge

Bobby Prentice, Gene Rhoden, and another chaser are broken down on the road-not funny at the time, but the comments made are funny 13 years after the fact

Bobby: Gene, help him
Bobby: Get the starting fluid! get the starting fluid

Sorry Gene, but it is funny video. :)

More notable quotes:

"From behind the tree please!!" Tim Marshall orders a tornado to emerge from behind a tree. Also, "Ten, I love it ten" and "I'm comin to Kansas every year!" -after seeing ten tornadoes in a row on May 26, 1991. All from his 1991 Kansas Tornado Video.

"I was visitin mother and I came around the Catholic Church and god damn there was a tornado." Resident of Canadian, TX - May 7, 1986.

"I'm glad I took today off (work)" - Robert Prentice - April 16, 1991.

"This is serious" - Chuck Robertson after a close lightning bolt hits as vehicle gets pounded by baseball hail.

"OOOOUUURRRGGGHHH!!! DUH TORNADO!!" -- 6/8/95, Tim Marshall, jaw dropping as Kellerville tornado emerges a mile wide

Tim

"Look at this . . . (in voice of Kermit thee Frog) Gene WIPER PLEASE, WIPERS, WIPERS . . . HOLY COW! . . "

awesome :wink:

The people in Moore are saying "Oh no, not again!"

-Grant Hicks, September 7, 2001 squall line.

Remember what I said about Moore not getting hit again? Yeah, skrap that, that was (crap).

-Grant Hicks, May 8, 2003.

Tim Marshall and most of you may not have heard these HP Beast in New Mexico 4th June 2003:

"Woooohhw. Look at that inflow....spinning"

"...Roof off the mobile home..." the roof was ripped off by inflow winds

"We have tumbleweed mania here.."

"This storm... is tearing up... the turf"

The audio with Tim driving was so funny I had to include the whole lot on my video.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara

"So Blake what do you think about that burrito?"

"Well it'd be alot better if i had... ohh wait! i DO have taco sauce!..... oh um well i thought i had some taco sauce"

Conversation between Scott Blair and I in an Allsups parking lot after a Feb 8th 2001 bust in west texas.

Dont ask why but I just remember that one real well.

"Oh well I think it just spun up there real quick."

Me speaking to Derek Deroche after the May 23rd 2002 Spearman tornado.

"Take More stills!!!!"

Derek yelling to me and Lee Robertson while we are enjoying the 4-5-03 Aspermont, Tx tornado without looking through a viewfinder. we had already clicked off damn near a roll each.

Memorable Storm Chase Quotes

Those quotes were funny and very human. Makes me wonder how many of those people converted to the priesthood or went to a convent??? And where in the hell was Warren Faidley??? :lol: LJK.

Adding to the slurry of comments already posted... my all time favorite video comment comes from the 19-April-1996 C. Illinois tornado outbreak... Following hail striking a portion of "The Meatwagon", Roger Edwards comments to fellow chump Rich Thompson...

Roger: I just got hit by a hailstone"...

Rich: "You did?"

Roger: "Yeah, this window over here..."

Rich: "...Oh I thought you did, and I was gonna say that was interesting as your in the car"

Roger interrupts: "I didn't get hit by a hailstone you dork I'm in the car"

Rich: "Moron, you said you got hit"...

Roger: "Shut the hell up..... the car is me and I am the car, it's an extension of my body!"

..Blake..

Back