Memorable chase video quotes

I just had to add these two dear little conversations:

Edmonton, Alberta, July 31, 1987 — between what sounds to be a babysitter and his young charge:
B: Oh, my goodness . . . look at that . . .
C: What is that?
B: That's a cloud.
C: Well, who would have thought —
B: That's a funnel cloud!

Iradell, TX April 26, 1994:
“Oh lord jesus, protect us . . . look at that [something] there! Are you tapin' that?â€
“Yes, Granny, I'm taping it,â€
“Look back down there Grampa, where that windmill's at!â€
from the background “I KNOW where it's at!â€
“I'm gonna see, Granny, if they wanna take this on TV . . .â€
pause during which you can practically HEAR Granny glaring at photographer
“If we LIVE through this I'll see if they'll take this on TV.â€

And how could anyone have forgotten so far:
“Damn, that was a BIG bug on me — what in the hell were you?â€
— Robert Prentice taping dust whirl near Chillicothe, TX June 9, 1995

Originally posted by nickgrillo
May 14, 2004

Vince: Funnel.
Nick: No, that's scud.
Vince: Funnel!
Nick: No, that's scud.
Vince: Funnel!
Nick: Oh my god, funnel!

:lol:

RTOTFLMAO!!!

While Eric Nguyen and I were following the May 29th Attica tornado we turned on a dirt road only to see a sign that read "Bridge Out".

Eric: Bridge Out!
Scott: Bridge Out.....whats that mean?

I guess it wasn't the brightest thing I've ever said.

Scott Currens

Mile wide wedge coing straight at me while im taping..
Some Bitch.. Is that what i think it is??
Is that a Tornado?
Some Bitch thats the biggest F#$king tornado ive ever seen
Some bitch......lol

"It's excruciatingly slow behind old people on Easter!!!" - me, while stuck behind an elderly couple in a small Arkansas town as the storm was getting away April 23, 2000

"C'mon baby, do it for daddy!!!" - me, trying to talk a funnel down near Dwyer, Wyoming on May 16, 2000

Originally posted by Chris Sokol
Jeff Piotrowski Classic:

\"I'm moving debris!!!\"

Not to mention “Yes [something flies out of car window] — wait — that was my Kansas map!!â€￾ Stevens Co., KS May 5, 1993

And from any video of his, “MAJOR, MAJOR DAMAGE!!!â€￾

freight trains in the south???? cum'on now

I'm sorry, but I just love this most popular phrase of all time.....

"It sounded like a freight train"

What the heck is that supposed to mean???????
For once I want to hear someone describe it a little differently!!!

Every storm that passes I wait to hear the horn from the train blowin'

A few off the top of my head...

"Uh, is that whole thing gonna be a tornado?" - Amos Magliocco, May 5, 2002, as the Happy tornado first developed.

"It's weird. It's like a gustnado, but there's a meso. It's a gustmeso." - Eric Nguyen, May 27, 2001, near Ashland, KS

"Bob! Arrest him! He called me a dickhead!" - May 29, 2004, Attica, KS volunteer fireman, yelling to a nearby cop after having a verbal "disagreement" with a local.

"That lightning is scary!" - Steve, a fellow meteorology major on June 12. Repeated about 30 times in the span of ten minutes.

He was filming the Mulvayne tornadoes as CG's were exploding all around him. I can only imagine what it would have been like in real life! :shock:

I've got a couple good ones...

My chase partner, James, is filming me standing outside the car in a hailstorm in Fort Morgan, Colorado... a semi-truck drives passed the car kicking all the hail into the open window all over James..

"OW! OW, you @$$!"

Can't forget the NWS weather radio with 12 inch diameter hail AND this year's 30 inch hail! :lol:

Iowa

While chasing a tornado warned HP in Iowa we got caught in the core. Winds were intense, hail, torrential rain, etc. With no visibility we pulled over, faced the winds and held tight while the sirens started to go off. At that moment I called Jerry Funfsinn on the 2-way radio as he was pulled over just ahead of us. He had the Baron XM system in his van and I wanted to get an update on the situation. Here is basically how it went:

me: "Jerry, are we going to get hit with a rain wrapped tornado?"
Jerry: "Nah...but do you see that water tower ahead of us?"
me: "yeah"
Jerry: "well, if it starts to fly away then it IS a tornado"
me: "thanks a lot, jerry"

One of those "had to be there" moments...

Regarding May 27, 2001...Meade, KS Derecho...speeds of 110mph locking road options. Looking at shelter options.
Dave C states...."You know guys, I think we can outrun this thing..."

Storm spotter/photographer was off the side of the road with us, but ducked behind the front of his car. He begins pulling grass and tossing it up into the air.
Someone says "What is that guy doing over there?"
Someone else says.. "A sounding???"

Back