Issues with new UI

(1) On home page, getting login red banner, even though I'm already logged in.

upload_2016-12-20_14-19-15.png

(2) Weird jumping action occurring when scrolling on the home page. Bar tends to be in the middle of the page for a second. Probably a Javascript delay.

upload_2016-12-20_14-21-11.png

(3) Clicking "Post New Thread" opens up post page, but starts you at the bottom of the page. I have to scroll all the way to the top to actually post a new thread.

upload_2016-12-20_14-22-37.png

(4) New Posts and New Threads are near impossible to find. I really liked having those up front and center, even before logging in.

(5) Media shows [1] new, but I don't know what's new.

upload_2016-12-20_14-25-24.png

I'll let you know if I find anything else :)

Thanks Scott for the report. We're still working with the developer to fix the issues you've noticed. I have put a recap together behind the scenes to address everything.

I think the new look is great, but I also have a couple nagging issues.

• "Open Chat in New tab" doesn't work anymore for me. It does open a new tab, but the chat fails to load in (seems to give a sort of 404 response)
  • I would love a quicker way to see New Posts since last visit from the home page. Currently the quickest path I've found for this is Community --> Forums dropdown --> New Posts. Is there an easy way to add that up front? Or am I missing an easier way?

(1) On home page, getting login red banner, even though I'm already logged in.

View attachment 15153

The developer just spent a fair amount of time getting the "Login" and "Signup" buttons cleaned up do they don't overlay your avatar that says howdy next to your name. Those buttons are for users who aren't logged in and do not disappear if you're already logged in. It affords a shortcut to those on the homepage who want to "Login" or "Signup" to become a member and previously had to work their way over to the Community side of the house to accomplish this task.

(2) Weird jumping action occurring when scrolling on the home page. Bar tends to be in the middle of the page for a second. Probably a Javascript delay.

View attachment 15154

I believe this has been resolved with the new menu bar that was implemented giving users menus to choose from to navigate to other locations more easily.

(3) Clicking "Post New Thread" opens up post page, but starts you at the bottom of the page. I have to scroll all the way to the top to actually post a new thread.

View attachment 15155

I'm unable to duplicate this. I start at the top no matter what OS I'm using. Windows, iOS, or Android, so I'm not sure what could be causing this. Another way to get to a chronological list of recent material is to click or press on the "Quick Nav Menu" found at the very end of the top breadcrumb in the left column. From there you can select "Recent Activity" to see a chronological listing of all activity whether it be posts, threads, status updates or whatnot.

(4) New Posts and New Threads are near impossible to find. I really liked having those up front and center, even before logging in.

New posts can be found at the bottom of the "Forums" menu drop down. See above explanation for further information.

(5) Media shows [1] new, but I don't know what's new.

View attachment 15156

If you click on Media, then select New Media from the drop down it should show you what's new. If there isn't anything I'd just select "Mark Viewed" from the menu to clear it out.

I'll let you know if I find anything else :)

Responses are inline above. Just click expand to open up the quote.

One other fix to the homepage was the sidebar you see on pages such as in the WxLibrary. It shows your profile, avatar, and name there. Before, the text was vertically stacked do it looked kind of strange. That has been fixed in the new iteration of the portal.

We used to have a widget that showed new threads IIRC, but it was nixed in the latest theme for a cleaner look. I'll do some research to see if there is an addon that allows these to be displayed. Hopefully this will address most of the issues you brought forth. Thanks again for your patience.

I think the new look is great, but I also have a couple nagging issues.

• "Open Chat in New tab" doesn't work anymore for me. It does open a new tab, but the chat fails to load in (seems to give a sort of 404 response.
  • I fixed the broken link a week or two back for the new tab in chat.
  • I would love a quicker way to see New Posts since last visit from the home page. Currently the quickest path I've found for this is Community --> Forums dropdown --> New Posts. Is there an easy way to add that up front? Or am I missing an easier way?

See my responses inline above. Click to expand the quote. The new posts was addressed in Scott's post.

Responses are inline above. Just click expand to open up the quote.

One other fix to the homepage was the sidebar you see on pages such as in the WxLibrary. It shows your profile, avatar, and name there. Before, the text was vertically stacked do it looked kind of strange. That has been fixed in the new iteration of the portal.

We used to have a widget that showed new threads IIRC, but it was nixed in the latest theme for a cleaner look. I'll do some research to see if there is an addon that allows these to be displayed. Hopefully this will address most of the issues you brought forth. Thanks again for your patience.

(1) Problem not resolved.
Expected Action:
If not logged in, login banner appears.
If logged in, login banner does not appear. Name, mail, flag banner shows instead.

Actual Result:
If not logged in, login banner appears.
If logged in, login banner appears. Name, mail, flag banner is not shown.

(2) Resolved.

(3) Resolved. I figured out that it jumps to the first unread post. That's fine. It was just unexpected.

(4) Resolved.

(5) Resolved.

New problem (showed up a few weeks ago):

Using a desktop browser (any browser), I get the mobile menu instead of the desktop menu.

The problem is because you have a media width of 981px on the menu. It's fine to use that number for the overall body window width, but because you have a lot of padding and margin between the menu and the sides of the browser, I'm getting a mobile menu on a desktop browser.

My browser window is 1263px wide.

upload_2017-4-12_8-21-22.png

Back