In Vehicle Wi-Fi

StormChaseJG

Enthusiast
Hi everyone I'm New to the forum so I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

The thing is that I have recently got a TP Link 3G/4G router that I want to use to provide Wi-Fi in my vehicle but I'm not sure what setting I need to have the wifi transmit power on (High, Middle or Low) also what the best location to place the router inside the vehicle would be?

I am also wondering what you would recommend the best way to get internet on multiple devices or what you have setup to get internet on the move?

My current Router I have is a TP-Link TL-MR3420 3G/4G 300Mbps Wireless connected to a Huawei E392 4G dongle with an 15dB external antenna.

I don't think it really matters where in the vehicle you place it, or what power setting you use. You might have trouble if you put it on low and stick it in the trunk, but any wifi router should be able to reach anywhere within the small confines of a vehicle. I would just put it someplace out of the way and leave it on the high power setting. I don't see any harm in that. That router should allow multiple devices to connect, so you should be good to go.

Back