I owe some people a drink!

Refreshed Forum

Thanks very much for the clean slate and fresh approach - as an overseas member, with my chasing restricted to one journey a year to the States, this forum is a real connection to the rest of the community and an invaluable source of learning. Good luck with the new format and rules! :D Cheers, Peter

As one of the mods, I want to express my appreciation for all the brain power folks have used over the past few weeks regarding the future of Stormtrack. It is an institution, and I am looking forward to the future.

It's been a tough couple of weeks for all of us, but I guess we are proof of the adage that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Thanks and have fun!
MP

I just wanted to reiterate that after all I posted yesterday about the private area, obviously I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG and again I apologize for any feathers that are still ruffled. I get pretty darn emotional about storm chasing and that yesterday was just a by product of it. Just shows how important it is to me.

I am eating some fat crow right now but seeing the results here today, it's gonna taste good. :lol:

I suppose in some twisted sort of way (pun intended), we should thank Mick. LOL!

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this forum much more from here on. Your hard work is very much appreciated, Tim.

Bob

I'd bet that this is the best thing to ever happen to the board, and all I have to say is, you have done one AWESOME job...

Agreed, Nick. But I think the best thing that has happened to this board was for it to get started in the first place.

It's always good to do a little "house cleaning" every now and then. This community is unique in the common interests that keep it together and the social difficulties that is faces, yet the forum can still maintain itself thanks to the dedication of quite a few people.

I think this renovation is the best thing to come out of the 2005 season....'cause it sure wasn't the storms! :lol:

Thanks for the comments (and that on behalf of the moderators and other folks who helped with this).

There are undoubtedly going to be some people that are not happy with the changes... certainly the people who ran up high ratios on "Everything Else" (EE). However an EE change was in the works pretty early on and we had received a lot of complaints about the situation.

Tim

Wow! I find absolutely NOTHING to complain about here! This is greatness, Tim! Many, many thanks to you and all who played a hand in the housecleaning. And a very special thanks to those in the former hidden forum for working towards compromise. That is to be highly respected.

I know that in the last couple of days, there have been some feathers ruffled and some toes stepped upon all around. I am as guilty as the next guy. But I agree that this is a fresh start for all of us, and I intend to treat is as such.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments (and that on behalf of the moderators and other folks who helped with this).

There are undoubtedly going to be some people that are not happy with the changes... certainly the people who ran up high ratios on "Everything Else" (EE). However an EE change was in the works pretty early on and we had received a lot of complaints about the situation.

Tim

Nice change!! I hope everyone grows to appreciate it.

On the EE thing , Wow I was suprised to find myself as high as 40%
I bet there is even more out there that didn't relize what their % actually was and even more shocked to see it was higher than they thought. like me

Back