For Sale: Hunting the Beast Storm Chase Highlights 2008-2012

Bill Hark

EF5

huntingbeastadvertise2.jpg

I have finally compiled my 2008-2012 storm chase highlights for the production, "Hunting the Beast." This two hour and thirty-six minute Blu-ray disk includes my best storm chases during the period. All are in high-definition video. I have included the famous 2008 Quinter, KS tornado crossing I-70, EF-4 Bowdle, South Dakota wedge destroying high voltage lines, beautiful Howes, South Dakota tornado passing by a church, Oklahoma tornado outbreak on May 24, 2011, unexpected Ada, Oklahoma tornado, rare Oilville, Virginia tornado crossing 250 during the April 27, 2011 outbreak and the recent Harper, Kansas tornado on May 19, 2012 shredding a wind turbine. In addition to tornadoes, there are scenes of storm structure, high winds, "mothership" supercells and large hail. The production ends with a slide show and bonus video.

For a complete table of contents, video stills, short promo video and ordering info:

http://www.harkphoto.com/huntingthebeast.html

Direct link to the 1 minute promo video:

Watch video >

Blu-ray copies are $20 plus $3 postage for US orders and $20 plus $5 postage for non-US orders.

Bill Hark

huntingbeastadvertise1.jpg

Bill's latest DVD, "Hunting the Beast", is a wonderfully-pure chasing video. The video does a great job of capturing the true spirit of the nomadic chaser who ventures out to Tornado Alley away from home. The tornadoes and storms are of course amazing, but what really struck me was the feeling of isolation I got throughout the disc. You really get the sense of being out there alone, just you against Nature. Maybe it's just me, but there's a very organic quality to this release, something that's very simplistic and pure and amazing. The aesthetics are stunning, the narration is seasoned and informative, and for you format snobs, the entire production is shot in HD and is superb. Not a lot of editing, not a lot of music, mostly raw video with real sound, just pure. The photo montage features brilliant visuals coupled with a beautiful acoustic piece, which perfectly illustrates the emotions throughout the slide show. And if that wasn't already enough, there is a bonus section that features many notable events not seen on the main body of the video.

Bill has always been one of the "good guys" in chasing, someone whose opinion and work I've always held a deep respect for. This latest DVD only reinforces that. A quality production, a bountiful collection, from a truly great chaser.

I've finished watching Bill Hark's extraordinary storm-chasing video "Hunting the Beast," and there's a reason his friends call him Dr. Wedge. He has an uncanny ability to be in the right place to film monster tornadoes, and there are unforgettable ones, especially as seen in HD on Blu-Ray: the Bowdle wedge. The Quinter tornado crossing I-70 (and its unbelievable evolution before). A mothership supercell and tornado in Virginia. Great stuff, informative annotation, minimal drama. It's jaw-dropping imagery, often filmed with multiple cameras. He has so much great footage that he even has "throwaway" tornadoes in the bonus video at the end. There's a nice slide show, too. Get it at http://www.harkphoto.com/huntingthebeast.html.

Back