CITY OF NEW ORLEANS THREAD

Wathing streaming WWL-TV...they are now reporting widespread looting as the severity of the situation sets in. Some of the looting includes electronics and jewelry, so it's not just for survival. They are now saying one police officer was shot in the head when he confronted a group of looters. The situation in New Orleans is clearly deteriorating rapidly.

Wathing streaming WWL-TV...they are now reporting widespread looting as the severity of the situation sets in. Some of the looting includes electronics and jewelry, so it's not just for survival. They are now saying one police officer was shot in the head when he confronted a group of looters. The situation in New Orleans is clearly deteriorating rapidly.

omg, I hope this is not true.

just wait till the rescue opertions stop, i hope they start and shoot and kill operation for all looters

No... its very simple. When the evacs are leaving, just tell these looters, "The water's rising, it won't stop till its the same as the lake, there's no way out, but you seemed like you were taking care of yourself earlier. Take care of yourself now. Bye."

I know that's not feasible, but it would be some justice.

These looters are really Pis%ing me off. I agree with the shoot to kill idea someone else had. One shot in the leg or arm and keep on moving. That'll stop those bastards from looting. I sure hope they get what they deserve one way or another.

Lets talk about looters in the looters thread. I'm sick of hearing about them.

This thread is about flooding, evacuation and the disaster that is unfolding in the city.

Right now it looks like it is all moot anyway, its all gonna be under water in a few days.

MSNBC reporter on the ground in New Orleans reports their police, fire and EMS radio systems are starting to collapse because of power problems, as well as inability to recharge individual radios. Also cell phone backup power supplies and individual cell phone batteries are running out, so many of the officials on the ground now cannot communicate.

CNN was reporting IF they can get all the pumps back up and going, when all the pumps going they can only handel one foot of water a day. This of course depends on if they can fix the levely.

CNN is reporting a prison riot in NOLA with hostages taken. (In addition to the widespread looting and "large gangs wandering up and down streets")

Its now the worse case in New Orleans and Gulfport and the news is going to get worse as time passes...my heart goes out to these poor people
Its been 130 years since an American City has been evacuated!
My pravers are with all these people...send money to the Red Cross if you can....

CNN is reporting a prison riot in NOLA with hostages taken.

Last video I saw (mid-afternoon) indicated that they were trying to evacuate the entire prison. I don't know if this is the same prison, but the floodwaters were coming into the prison from what I saw.

I saw some prisoners sitting on a causeway in orange suits with men with big guns penning them in. There were also prisoners trapped on the roof of the prison with water shooting up through the roof vents.

I don't think this was the same prison though as the riot.

From the governor of Louisiana....

****ALL RESIDENTS ON THE EAST BANK OF ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON REMAINING IN THE METRO AREA ARE BEING TOLD TO EVACUATE AS EFFORTS TO SANDBAG THE LEVEE BREAK HAVE ENDED. THE PUMPS IN THAT AREA ARE EXPECTED TO FAIL SOON AND 9 FEET OF WATER IS EXPECTED IN THE ENTIRE EAST BANK. WITHIN THE NEXT 12-15 HOURS****

Back