Northern US
Southern US

Radar (with watches):
National
Kansas
South Dakota
Iowa
Illinois

Note on radar: radar data will be fairly readily available for this case. If you want to see any additional data (temporally speaking), just ask. I can even provide up to 5 min resolution loops.

Soundings:
Aberdeen, SD
Amarillo, TX
Bismarck, ND
Nashville, TN
Dodge City, KS
Denver, CO
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Green Bay, WI
Wilmington, OH
Lincoln, IL
Jackson, MS
North Platte, NE
Little Rock, AR
Twin Cities, MN
Omaha, NE
Norman, OK
Rapid City, SD
Springfield, MO
Shreveport, LA
Topeka, KS

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to head south to Centerville, Iowa and wait for more data. I am not sure if I want to go any farther south, west or east right now.

I had to look 3 times to make sure the 500 mb cooling was actually that strong. It is, and given there are already watches out, it could be a pretty early show. I'll start out in Nebraska City, NE.

Going without Skew-t data... I'd hit up Henryetta, OK (south of Tulsa and east of Oklahoma City) and try to catch whatever forms off of the southern edge of that line as it moves east and extends southward into the (presumably) more unstable air.

I am going to be in Des Moines at my sister's waiting on more data updates. Not sure about how much gundge out will happen with this strong morning wave. Looks like a MDT risk set up if enough clearing can happen in afternoon/evening.

I'm going to go ahead and go to Topeka, KS and wait for updated data.

My oh my...I didn't include any sounding data! I'm surprised no one was asking for it. Nonetheless, I have loaded it in the first post now, so feel free to edit your target based on the 12Z soundings.

Also, I plan on making my next update be at 15Z. Someone noted that activity is already underway and perhaps this would be an early event. If you want an update before 15Z, let me know and I can give one.

Back