Cellular data coverage using amplifiers?

For MaximumSignal, is there a theoretical distance a "usable" signal will be extended given a cell tower with "average" power and smooth terrain? I realize the terms in quotes may be difficult to define...
As long as we can pick up a donor signal.. It has been tested in places that no device would work before even with amplifiers . And excelled

We are still fighting with the FCC over which antennas we will include . They are trying to make us downgrade our antennas . Only in America must you make your product inferior to get the government to allow you to release it. I am not worried about WeBooost/Wilson products once we get out there. A WeBoost needs a donor signal of at least - 104 really -100 to function . Ours will pick up a signal of -127. Your phone stops even sensing a signal at. -113 through -116 . I can't worry about folks buying the inferior product with ours not out yet. Once they see ours in action because a friend has it . They will become our customer too and they will trying to sell their WeBoost on EBAY.
So, you are saying I just wasted $369.00 Gordon? I've read nothing but good about what I just bought and was honestly a bit hesitant to continue waiting for a first gen product that you are going to release.

So, you are saying I just wasted $369.00 Gordon? I've read nothing but good about what I just bought and was honestly a bit hesitant to continue waiting for a first gen product that you are going to release.
Maybe you should check how many revisions they had to do to even get their limited release ( 8) We were passed on our first edition. Use it Be happy . When you need something that kicks ass . Come and see me. First generation is hardly realevent when you put the time and money in R & D to do it right the first time!

As long as we can pick up a donor signal.. It has been tested in places that no device would work before even with amplifiers . And excelled
Can't give a distance though, eh? I'm willing enough to give it a try when it's available. Granted, I'm usually in complex terrain, but I'd guesstimate that whenever I encounter "dead zones" it's due to terrain blocking only about half the time, and the other 50% of the time there still is line-of-sight to the nearest tower, it's just too far away.

Worst case scenario, my "guesstimates" are wrong and it won't be as effective. In that case I can recoup some of the cost by selling to someone on the Plains.

It'll be a much cheaper gambit than BGAN. :p

I just went to your website and got on the mailing list. I recently bought the Weboost 4G, but have no problem moving on to a better product regardless. You mentioned fighting with the FCC about what kind of antenna you can provide with a new unit. It sounds like you won't be able to offer the antenna you want to with your new units. Will you be able to sell an upgraded antenna aftermarket? If you can't, would you mind recommending a different, better antenna on this page?

Can't give a distance though, eh? I'm willing enough to give it a try when it's available. Granted, I'm usually in complex terrain, but I'd guesstimate that whenever I encounter "dead zones" it's due to terrain blocking only about half the time, and the other 50% of the time there still is line-of-sight to the nearest tower, it's just too far away.

Worst case scenario, my "guesstimates" are wrong and it won't be as effective. In that case I can recoup some of the cost by selling to someone on the Plains.

It'll be a much cheaper gambit than BGAN. :p

Can't give an estimate . Because every situation is different . There are no set rules. Most important thing is a donor signal . The actual donor signal requirement in our unit compared to others is much lower so we will open up dead zones no other amplifier can.

I just went to your website and got on the mailing list. I recently bought the Weboost 4G, but have no problem moving on to a better product regardless. You mentioned fighting with the FCC about what kind of antenna you can provide with a new unit. It sounds like you won't be able to offer the antenna you want to with your new units. Will you be able to sell an upgraded antenna aftermarket? If you can't, would you mind recommending a different, better antenna on this page?
We are still fighting . This fight is not over yet . We have been fighting for 23 months now as we refuse to release a mediocre product . That being said best antenna we sell dollars to performance is our 13 inch mag mount . That has been included with every amplifier kit we have released for the last 6 years. It is the best antenna on the market hands down.

You were originally hoping for an April release. Is that still possible given the recent fights with the FCC? Can you sell units without an antenna and then just let people buy the 13" mag mount from you separately?

You were originally hoping for an April release. Is that still possible given the recent fights with the FCC? Can you sell units without an antenna and then just let people buy the 13" mag mount from you separately?
Who knows every day is a different battle . Part of the new rules is that all amplifiers must be sold kitted with the antennas approved by the FCC with the amplifier. I am still selling antennas . What you do with them is your business. Still fighting to have 13 inch mag mount included in the car kit.

So after Storm Chasing on Tuesday, in SW Missouri, and loosing my signal, I stopped at the Best Buy in Joplin, Mo, and bought the weBoost 4G-M. I hooked it up, in like 5 mins, then back to chasing. I went back to the North/Northeast where I was previously at, and then east all the way to Springfield, MO and NEVER dropped a signal, and was streaming The Weather Channel, live in HD to my laptop, the entire time.

On Wednesday, I chased storms in OK just East/Southeast of OKC, and never lost a signal. On the way home, I went I-35, to I-135, US Hwy 81 from OKC to eventually Omaha. On US Hwy 81, near the Nebraska/Kansas border I have NEVER had a signal there in the 2 years I've chased that part of the country. With this booster, I had 4g most of the time, and a few spots, it did drop down to 3G. I did turn the booster off several times, to watch my phone completely go down to no signal, then turn it on a few seconds later to see I have 4G.

I paid 379.99 at Best Buy for this product, they do have a 15 day, money-back, guarantee, in case you find it doesn't work in the areas you chase in. I know Gordon has a new product coming out, but I needed cell data service ASAP, and it did work well for me. I never went into an area of SW Missouri, NE Oklahoma, Central OK, Central KS, South Central Nebraska that I didn't have 4G and very few times, I had a 3G signal.

I have an older Wilson 3G amp I've been using for several years. It has served me well, and I don't intend on buying a 4G amp.

My question is. I have newer Verizon equipment (iPhone and android tablet). I don't know if I've ever seen them indicate "3G" operation. Do these Verizon devices fall back to 3G service when that's available and 4G is not or weak? (and it continues to say "4G" regardless of what mode it's in?) I guess I should ask Verizon but was wondering if someone here knows.

... Is 3G still up in some areas? many areas? or is it just about done? I ask because it seems I've heard new 4G devices always indicate "4G", even if it's running on 3G

I have an older Wilson 3G amp I've been using for several years. It has served me well, and I don't intend on buying a 4G amp.

My question is. I have newer Verizon equipment (iPhone and android tablet). I don't know if I've ever seen them indicate "3G" operation. Do these Verizon devices fall back to 3G service when that's available and 4G is not or weak? (and it continues to say "4G" regardless of what mode it's in?) I guess I should ask Verizon but was wondering if someone here knows.

... Is 3G still up in some areas? many areas? or is it just about done? I ask because it seems I've heard new 4G devices always indicate "4G", even if it's running on 3G

I use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and turn it into a mobile wi-fi hotspot, then run my laptop via that. My Note 3, will tell you at the top if it is in 3G or 4G reception areas. I can't help you out on the others. Here is a link of Verizon's Data Coverage, and it shows where 4G & 3G is at. http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/4g-lte.html

I have been using an amp for the past 4 years now, I would say coverage is 90%-95%, using Verizon+ the amp.
I believe the kicker is to have service from ATT and Verizon + the amp along with a failover router, in my mind that would yield the best coverage at this time.

My chase partner and I had been using WxWorx as a backup to cellular data with a booster, and will be making the jump to a booster only setup this year. Wtih WxWorx no longer able to be put on "end of season", it requires having to fork over the $99 activation each spring just to turn it back on. It's been nice having the always on radar, however the need to have/use it has diminished quite a bit year over year. I'll spot chase as time allows (which is not much with work/family obligations), but having reliable data for the 2 weeks we chase in June is a big must have for us as we do not limit ourselves on where/when during that time, but we also continue to slim down our setup. We have had good results with a couple of boosters, 1 of which was from Gordon's shop. Although the up front cost is higher compared to competitor products, averaged over a few years, the 4G booster will quickly work out to be a cost effective investment for us. Also not having to deal with the abysmal Xm call center is a win.

As soon as Gordon's site is opened up for pre-orders, I'll be jumping on it. Just hoping Gordon is able to overcome the hurdles that continue to be placed in front of him before June.

Back