Cellular Antennas and Amplifiers

Are you talking about using a 3G to Wifi Router ? Such as a Top Global MB6000 or Kyocera KR1 ? If so the adapter cable goes from the EVDO or HSDPA card ( which is plugged in the router) to the amplifier

Gordon, jump over to the posting on the in-car WiFi set-up...this unit will work with the Rockies amp kit if I can find the right cable. The wi-fi rig will connect to the antenna (TNC male?) with the Rockies kit, but to use the amp, I think we will need a TNC male cable on both ends...do you have such a cable? (my current amp set-up has a TNC male on one end of the cable, and a Motorola fitting on the other...need a TNC male on both ends). That unit, which uses multiple cell providers infrastructure...combined with the Rockies amp kit, could be an awesome combination for data access.

Are you talking about using a 3G to Wifi Router ? Such as a Top Global MB6000 or Kyocera KR1 ? If so the adapter cable goes from the EVDO or HSDPA card ( which is plugged in the router) to the amplifier

Gordon, I think he doesn't know what adapter cable he needs to connect to the Autonet Mobile router. Autonet's router doesn't have a card inserted in it because it is built into the router. It's probably not a TNC connector on the router, and he needs to connect the router to the TNC connector on the amplifier.

BTW, I love the Peak Reception Rockies amplifier.

Thanks Greg for clarifying my post...

...all that is needed is the cable to connect the amplifier to the router. The router itself has a TNC female connector on the back, so I'm looking for a cable with a TNC male connector on both ends.

Gordon... I received my Cascade last week and had a chance today to test it out in some areas that I usually get NO SERVICE. It worked very well as I got "NO SERVICE" with the amp off and when I turned on the amp, both my cell phone and air card got AT LEAST 2 bars and computer download was as if I was near one of the towers!!
Thanks also for the GREAT service and response when the first batch of amps were having the problems!! They seem to have everything working good now!!
Thanks again!!

No problem , Sorry it took the engineers so long to figure out the problem . Turns out it was combination of two things . A bad cable on the testing equipment at the end of the production line ( thus giving false test results ) And a bad cable going from the computer progamming the software on to the boards. Everybody that got the new batch seems to be very happy.

Gordon... I received my Cascade last week and had a chance today to test it out in some areas that I usually get NO SERVICE. It worked very well as I got "NO SERVICE" with the amp off and when I turned on the amp, both my cell phone and air card got AT LEAST 2 bars and computer download was as if I was near one of the towers!!
Thanks also for the GREAT service and response when the first batch of amps were having the problems!! They seem to have everything working good now!!
Thanks again!!

Gordon,

I asked you before about a RAZR working with this.....however, I have just purchased a Samsung Blackjack since the Motorola was a piece of Garbage. (V3 was so buggy). Anyway, is there any kit that you have available that will work with my phone?

TIA.

Yes , the direct connect systems work with the BlackJack . There is an RF port under the battery Cover

Gordon,

I asked you before about a RAZR working with this.....however, I have just purchased a Samsung Blackjack since the Motorola was a piece of Garbage. (V3 was so buggy). Anyway, is there any kit that you have available that will work with my phone?

TIA.

We have a new Wireless amplifier . It is the DBSW819 . It was developed for 2 and 4 door cars specifically . It is slightly less powerful than the Cascade as far as area it will cover but has the same power for transmitting and receiving . And it does up to 3 devices at one time. ideal for you chasers working out of a car with a couple of people . With the reduced capacity comes a reduced price . They are $299 .
http://www.maximumsignal.net/xcart/product.php?productid=16217&cat=2&page=1

Wow! The 819 is quite amazing! Now the way I read it, for chasing with partner(s), the most flexible and efficient use of the DBSW819 is with an aircard/wifi router. That way two cell phones in a vehicle can be active simultaneously, plus the aircard to give shared broadband.

Question. What happens if a fourth, fifth, etc., CDMA set enters the coverage area of the 819s input? Does the 819 ignore them, or will it bounce between sets?

It locks them out The IVWA819 has higher capacity and actually will handle 5 to 8 units

Wow! The 819 is quite amazing! Now the way I read it, for chasing with partner(s), the most flexible and efficient use of the DBSW819 is with an aircard/wifi router. That way two cell phones in a vehicle can be active simultaneously, plus the aircard to give shared broadband.

Question. What happens if a fourth, fifth, etc., CDMA set enters the coverage area of the 819s input? Does the 819 ignore them, or will it bounce between sets?

For those of you attending The Stormchasers Convention we have donated the following For a door prize

Maximum Signal prize package

1 - Shasta / CA 819 Dual Band Cellular Amplifier
1 - Cigarette Lighter Plug
1 - 12 volt Hard Wire Power Harness
1 - Custom Ballistic Nylon Carry Case
1 - AC Adapter
1 - 3DB Glass mount Antenna
1 - 5DB Magnetic Mount Antenna
1 - 48 inch Antenna adapter cable ( device specific)

With all this together you are set to use the amplifier anywhere you have 12 volt or 110 volt power . This package anywhere else with everything it includes would cost you at least $300. On top of that you are getting the best Cellular amplifier made and yes it will blow the doors of a Wilson. Just ask Roger how he likes his . He has this exact package

We won't be attending the show this year but we have signed on as a sponsor again

Two questions:

1 Are these rockie kits compatable with the new sierra wireless aircard 595u.

2 Is anyone just the least bit concerned about driving around in a mobile wireless router bathed in 3 watts plus RF? Maybe thats just me.

1) yes they are compatable

2) The Amplifier makes it safer when referring to th RF factor . The RF is no longer generated at your device. It is generated at the exterior antenna on the outside of the car . The car body will easily shield you from the additional power

Two questions:

1 Are these rockie kits compatable with the new sierra wireless aircard 595u.

2 Is anyone just the least bit concerned about driving around in a mobile wireless router bathed in 3 watts plus RF? Maybe thats just me.

Back