Cellular Antennas and Amplifiers

We sell the best Cellular amplifiers and Antennas. Many members here are already using are Cyfre amplifiers . They have no equal in Quality or Price

eww...I like.

Do I have this correct in that I don't have to connect my cell phone or data card to the amp itself? I tuck it away in the trunk or wherever and up to 8 people can use it at once?

This would be wicked cool for storm chase vans/tours

I may have to try and convince the CoD chase folks to pick up one, maybe two, for their tour vans.

eww...I like.

Do I have this correct in that I don't have to connect my cell phone or data card to the amp itself? I tuck it away in the trunk or wherever and up to 8 people can use it at once?

This would be wicked cool for storm chase vans/tours

I may have to try and convince the CoD chase folks to pick up one, maybe two, for their tour vans.

Yes 8 at once . We were using one of the first units off the line on the trip To Las Vegas for Consumers Electronics show( it rocks). The Big Boss at Cyfre and I are very interested in offering Storm Chasers a discount on the new unit to get the name out there . I am also interested in you your show in February in Denver.One of the members here contacted me a while back about it , Unfortunately I lost the email when I lost my harddrive . Please contact me again so we can talk.

Gord

Unit with interior antenna must be in the vehicle so you have proper distance and shielding so antennas do not oscillate each other out

Last edited by a moderator:
These wireless cellular repeaters have my interest.

Perhaps Gordon can jump in and give an explanation about them.

Like...amplify both receive and transmit without feeding on itself....i.e....the preamplifier picking up its own transmitter spewing watts of RF out at/near the same frequency. Sort of like holding a public address microphone to its own speaker and getting that monster howl of audio feedback we all know too well.

It will cause a short-circuit at 800 MHz, thus creating the time-space energy to collapse, and throwing earth's orbit out near Vega through a worm hole.
:eek:

Think I'll strap myself in tonight.

Perhaps its being done digitally--and if it works as good as the website says....count me IN!

Tim

I believe it involves two antennas. One that you put inside your car...and one on the outside of the car. The frame/skin of the car creates enough of a barrier to seperate the antennas enough for it to work. At least thats my take on it :)

New Products for Conference

Can't wait to meet you guys at the Conference in Denver . Wiil be launching two new products there. The in vehicle Wirelesss amplifier I have already talked about and the New MAR-819 . MAR stands for Mobile Amplified Router. This new product is a joint venture between Top Global ( Top Company in EVDO Routers ) and Cyfre . This unit is a Cyfre 819 and amplifier and Top Global MB6000 ( http://www.topglobalusa.com/product2_01.asp?newsid=20031114093603324&classid=102103102 ) Router combined in one unit. . All you do is plug your Evdo , Edge, HSDPA or 1xrtt data card in and it rebroadcasts the signal in 802.11g so multiple computers can use the internet connection through thier WiFi adapters. And because of the amplifier being incorporated . You now have a mobile hotspot now in places you could not even get a signal before. . From the little I know about your storm chasing setups this unit is taylor made for you guys and gals.
We tested the first working prototype this week and it was amazing.We are very excited about and it so are a Couple of Major Cellular Providers

For those that chase in groups or tours, I can see this being quite a system.

However, the majority of Storm Chasers are pretty much individuals (though that may be changing with more and more tour operators starting up).

In any case, Gordon's company looks to have a solution for just about any level Chaser wanting to extend/improve cell data/voice range and quality.

I don't have one yet, but I may be considering the Amplified Repeater as I use both an Air Card and Phone at the same time. I'm usually alone when chasing/spotting, but sometimes have a Navigator with me.

I'll really be watching these and waiting to hear reports on how they work from folks that have them.

John Diel

I don't have one yet, but I may be considering the Amplified Repeater as I use both an Air Card and Phone at the same time. I'm usually alone when chasing/spotting, but sometimes have a Navigator with me.

I'll be buying one at the convention (or via web..can't decide which one will get to me first..ehehheh) and will be able to give a report ASAP.

I'm getting it for exactly that reason. I run a laptop and a cell phone and I was constantly wishing I had a way to "amp" the cellphone AND the datacard at the same time so I could talk to my wife/nowcaster without unplugging the laptop. I was even thinking of trying to hack together a cable a/b box but this will work way better.

I can also take it out of my car and bring it into my grandparents house so I can finally get a freaken signal on my cellphone! Just gotta throw the antenna outside the window...or at least that's the plan at the moment :)

Also, CoD is trying to find the money in their budget to install one in their chase van this year so folks on "tour" can scream and yell to their loved ones about seeing a tornado, or not seeing a tornado as the case may be ;)

Gord..check your email/spam folder I sent you an email a couple days ago! :D

Hi Gordon
Do you have any idea what the pricing will be on the MAR-819? Because I'm definitely very interested in the unit if the price is right.

Hi Gordon
Do you have any idea what the pricing will be on the MAR-819? Because I'm definitely very interested in the unit if the price is right.

I am told between $399 and $459. . They are getting manufacturing costs together . Unit I used was a prototype . I will have a working prototype at the Convention for everyone to see working.

Okay, Sitting in the airport on my way to Denver for the StormChaser Convention. I have decided to have some convention specials. I will take orders at the convention and ship next week when I get back to Buffalo.

CA819 dual band amplifier Kit - Convention Price $189
regular $199.95
Rockies High Power Dual Band Amplifier Kit - Convention Price -$235.00
regular price - $249.95
Cascade Dual Band Wireless Amplifier - Convention Price - $369.00
Regular price - $399.95
These prices apply only to orders taken at the Convention. See the website for details on these products.I will also have a working MAR819 there for you to look at . These should be available in Late March or Early April Look forward to meeting everybody

Gord

Last edited by a moderator:
Back