California tornados 02/19/05!!

CA tornadoes

A friend of mine who lives in S. CA has scored big this past several months; sent me a profound picture of lightning that he took at the beach last Fall, as well as a recent perfect water spout sequence.
He has also spoken of liberal amounts of lightning in his area this winter in general.
I have jokingly suggested to him that he start up a winter tour in his area called the "Surfin' Supercell Tour".
Meantime here in the DFW area, it has been profoundly boring with absolutely no lightning since 1/12 let alone wild storms.

Well given the spc frcst for tomorrow:

ENVIRONMENT LATE
TONIGHT INTO MONDAY WILL BECOME INCREASINGLY FAVORABLE FOR
LOW-TOPPED SUPERCELLS CAPABLE OF ISOLATED TORNADOES AND HAIL OWING
TO FAVORABLY VEERING WIND PROFILES AND STEEPENING LAPSE RATES

I am happy to say the 2005 chase season has officially started... in all places ... S. Cal!!

Originally posted by Cstok
TONIGHT INTO MONDAY WILL BECOME INCREASINGLY FAVORABLE FOR LOW-TOPPED SUPERCELLS CAPABLE OF ISOLATED TORNADOES AND HAIL OWING TO FAVORABLY VEERING WIND PROFILES AND STEEPENING LAPSE RATES I am happy to say the 2005 chase season has officially started... in all places ... S. Cal!!

Thanks for sending it over here to the deserts 6 hours east. A few nice CGs took me scouting around northeast of Phoenix tonight. It was a mini-chase but a welcome sight after just getting in lastnight from Denver.

we have offically sent all we have to offer for this time of the year - Id be surprised if we could squeeze another drop out of this winter - we are allready in 3rd place for the wettest EVER!
I am worn out from chasing and need to recoup for my planned texas, oklahoma, kansas runs (soon it appears)

Yeah, and I'm the one that said it...
I was watching the sky about 5:30 that day from the Sierras. The clouds looked unusually dark reminding me of my old home in the Midwest. I noticed there was thunder in the distance... I was kind of thinking that a tornado would spawn, but then I though, "In California? Wishful thinking." I was wrong, apparently. The sky softened afterwards...

Good info and pictures... I was thinking "Elephant's Trunk"...

I was inspired to write a poem after the storms... Here it is:

I stood and watched from afar
A majestic sky with dark storm clouds.
Something in me knew disaster wasn't far.
The past echoed in my mind the sounds
Of the old Midwestern summer storms.
I stood captivated by the beauty and wonder,
And imagined swirling winds taking form,
Hearing in the distance rolling thunder.
My senses proved to be prediction,
As my feelings were soon confirmed.
Two vortexes, seen in full motion.
Both were F-0's, but still they formed.
In the counties of Sacremento and Yolo,
This place sees not this weather often.
While some felt the storms' bellow,
I soon noticed the skies soften.
A sence of unreality swept over me.
Somehow my instincts were right.
I only wish I as there to see
The conic demons swirling with might.