Buy your own Chase Reality TV show?

Holy frijole. I post a link and leave for a few and all heck breaks loose!
:lol:

So Mr. Green wants to come on our esteemed board and answer questions? Great idea to me. I am sure that there are plenty of seasoned professionals here with a ton to ask. Let the man talk. I have a few for him myself. 8)

Whomever thinks they are saving the world by messing with Ebay auctions...grow up and knock it off.

Well I have recently talked with Mr. Green from tornado attack. He was willing to let me hear his thoughts on this issue at hand through this forum discussion and about the eBay incident. The intention on emailing these bidders was not to exactly deter them from bidding on this auction, but to see as to why some one would spend that amount of money, for an adventure like this

I think a lot of the accusation's on this discussion are misleading. Mr. Green knows what he’s talking about when it comes to this project of his. He has done his research. He has facts and proof of how he plans to attack a tornado. If he didn't, do you think he would have the fortune 500 companies that he has sponsoring him. He is a well rounded person that has a heart to help people. We may not understand always the actions and paths some one takes to further study different phenomena. Who am I to stop some one from doing so. I am one with a big dream to help those impacted by what we as storm chasers so dearly long to see. Who am I to knock down some ones dream. Edison had the lightbulb, and others made space crafts to go to the moon ect... If we strip someone of a dream they have we leave them with very little. I believe my actions were very hypocritical.

I have sent apologies to Mr. Green, David Drummond, and the bidders I had contacted.

Now I apologize to this forum as a whole and to the admin’s if I had caused any hard ship on there behalf. If you see fit to ban me then it is well to do so. I did not intend to rub mud in any of the faces associated with this forum. Or those out side this forum. The quandaries on ebay have been ceased as of the day they were sent out. I did not intend, or for that matter even conceive how my actions would affect those individuals such as Mr. Drummond or Mr. Green. I was not trying to make the world a better place, by no means, through the actions I made Carrie. I was simply trying to understand the bidders reasons. Im not perfect I make many mistakes, but I try to learn from them. Say what you will about me I guess. I know my error.

I know for one we need to not take everything “as isâ€￾ on this forum unless we have all done our research on the topic. I had no right to contact those bidders. And make the accusations I did. I had no right to post the link to this discussion to those bidders. I write this with humility on my shoulders and humbleness in my heart.

My hat is off to you, Kurt. I'm not privy to all that happened, but I recognize a humble spirit when I see it. No one could apologize more clearly and genuinely than what you've done. You're the real deal, brutha.

Dude. I've been on the internet for I don't know how long (10+ years) and I've never seen such an appology. 99.9% of people on the internet would hide behind their keyboard but you stepped up.

More people should have the guts and integrity that you have.

Unbelievable.

Holy frijole. I post a link and leave for a few and all heck breaks loose!
:lol:

So Mr. Green wants to come on our esteemed board and answer questions? Great idea to me. I am sure that there are plenty of seasoned professionals here with a ton to ask. Let the man talk. I have a few for him myself. 8)

Whomever thinks they are saving the world by messing with Ebay auctions...grow up and knock it off.

Yeah, I actually even suggested he do that. He was concerned about the amount of crap he was getting and as I told him, you have to realize that most of us chasers have seen all manner of destruction and objects flung in tornadoes, all the way up to train cars, so he had to understand why most of use were EXTREMELY skeptical that anything like this would work. As I understand it, his plan for which tornado he chooses would be one that he wasn't seeing in large debris getting ingested and he even agreed if something large enough came along and hit the car that it would all be over with.

So I told him he might get less crap from the chase community if he would come and face the questions and critique and try to give us all a better understanding of what he's doing. He said one of the reasons he hasn't already was mainly a time factor.

So, even though my opinion still stands that I think it's gonna fly and he's a bit crazy for trying it, after speaking with him, I do believe that at least HE really believes in what he's doing and has put forth a great deal of money, time and effort to see it through. I can at least respect him for truly believing in his own project, whether I agree with it or not.

I guess time will tell what really happens with it in the long run. He's either gonna get some really sweet video and go for the ride of the lifetime, or he's gonna fly and die.

My hat is off to you, Kurt. I'm not privy to all that happened, but I recognize a humble spirit when I see it. No one could apologize more clearly and genuinely than what you've done. You're the real deal, brutha.

Yep, that's a stand up thing to stand up and take responsibility for your actions. More than what I have seen some people do in the chasing community.

I agree...Kurt, way to go, taking responsibility for your actions like that. I'm extremely impressed! :D

I do have to add one thing, though...he's not really going to be 'attacking' the tornado, it's more like he's going to let the tornado attack him, wouldn't you say? :shock:

Best of luck to the man, though.

LOL There was just a story on News 9 (KWTV) here in Oklahoma City about Steve Green(e) and Tornado Attack vehicle. And from the screen shot, the reserve still has not yet been met... It was funny to hear Gary England say that everyone better get a good look at the vehicle and at Steve, because if he drives that vehicle into an F4 or F5, that'll be the last we see of him.

LOL There was just a story on News 9 (KWTV) here in Oklahoma City about Steve Green(e) and Tornado Attack vehicle. And from the screen shot, the reserve still has not yet been met... It was funny to hear Gary England say that everyone better get a good look at the vehicle and at Steve, because if he drives that vehicle into an F4 or F5, that'll be the last we see of him.

Couldn't have said that better myself!

I agree with David and the others. Great apology Kurt. We should all
learn from his actions.

In the past, some have jumped to conclusions and
really harmed others without cause. I think this is why some of the old timers do not post on this great site. This might make a good new topic.

Mike

Chase time is here!

Originally posted by Mike Sharp
The aero dynamics of thet motor suck.
airflow will get under it,the wheel arches need serious mods, if that motor has a lightweight shell-ie fiberglass it will be ripped to pieces. there seems to me no realistic chance of it even being stable at 100mph.
I would rather take my chance in a Cherokee or even a Dodge Ram than that thing.

On their website they talk about a custom hydraulics system they installed to lower it in such situations.

Ummmm…. Auction over, reserve not met. Anybody surprised? Do you think any of the relatives, err “biddersâ€￾ really had the money to pay? Say what you want, and he may truly believe himself, but IMO the whole Ebay thing was a stunt, and its just the kind of publicity none of us needs.

It would seem so since they seem to have had to pay for a service to actually get a serious article? (a look alike one) out.

The Bushrag looks more like something to convince someone you want to penetrate a tornado than the TA vehicle does. IMO

Back