Buy your own Chase Reality TV show?

They make it sound like Eric and Scott are part of their team??????

Scott and Eric just west of the tornado, film and photograph a plantation house under a rainbow with the destructive twister in the background destroying the Landis home. Eric Nguyen's photo is featured in the August 2004 issue of Smithsonian magazine and on the cover of the severe weather calendar for 2005.

Video # 10 on this page http://www.tornadoattack.com/photo.htm

They make it sound like Eric and Scott are part of their team??????

Scott and Eric just west of the tornado, film and photograph a plantation house under a rainbow with the destructive twister in the background destroying the Landis home. Eric Nguyen's photo is featured in the August 2004 issue of Smithsonian magazine and on the cover of the severe weather calendar for 2005.

Video # 10 on this page http://www.tornadoattack.com/photo.htm

LMAO. Also - somebody should tell them that Kansas' abbreviation is KS. I hope they don't ever get lost and have to ask directions to the state of KA.

KR

Welllll, some interesting developments on this.

Today, Steve Green associated with this "Tornado Attack" contacted my business contact at Channel 11 here locally and made some pretty strong statements. Since I contract with them and am not a direct employee, they gave him my phone number. He called and left a rather threatening message on my voice mail but called from an "unavailable number" and didn't bother to leave a callback number. Sooo, I decided to share his message here, and make my response to it, since he's obviously reading this thread.

He apparantly told my contact at Ch. 11 that I had attacks on MY website about him (which I don't), and then referred him to this thread. First of all, just to clue you in Mr. Green, StormTrack.org or any part of it does NOT belong to me whatsoever. This is a membership only message board and I am only a member here just like everyone else, and as far as I know anyone here is free to post their opinions on anything as long as they are within the guidelines set forth by those that run it. Ch. 11 also has absolutely nothing to do with this, and in fact didn't even know StormTrack existed until you called them and referred them to it. The logo is my AVATAR, just like everyone else has an AVATAR.

Secondly, I have zero control over what ANYONE else does or says, so calling me or anyone else I might be associated with and threatening me if I don't have this thread removed or do something about it is assinine, and not even in my realm of control, much less a possibility. If you want the thread removed then I would suggest contacting someone that can actually do something about it, like forum admin.

Furthermore, I have no idea what is going on with your stuff on Ebay. I have been out working on my chase van all afternoon until my cell phone started ringing off the hook and I figured I better come find out why. Not only was your auction posted here, but it was also posted to WXCHASE as well. Literally HUNDREDS of people either get wxchase or read here, so blaming me for whatever might be going on over there is ludicrous.

Finally, sue me if you think it will make you feel better, I really could care less. I don't have much anyway, so you might be disappointed. :roll: Last I checked, you can't sue someone for the actions of others. And FYI, the good folks at Ch. 11 had NO CLUE about you, tornado attack or even StormTrack until you called them, so your barking up the wrong tree there. Anything I post on ST are my words and thoughts and mine alone and have nothing to do with anyone else, or anyone I might have any association with.

Here was the phone message he left me transcribed, with my comments added in parenthesis:

David Drummond, Steve Green from Tornado Attack. I just got off the phone with (my contact at ch. 11) and he bothered to take the time to see me at the Landis house and I believe he talked to Chris Landis who told him that I was the one that pulled them out. (I checked with my contact and was told this was a false statement) Uh, the attacks and the approach, whether it's Kurt or whoever thats gone to Ebay, if you want to keep your association with Channel 11 I suggest you get everyone in line there (stormtrack), and eviscerate this page of attack (this thread). Otherwise, (my contact) will be calling you to make sure that contract is null and void.

And if you do your due diligence you will see that we did exactly what we said other than the fact of the misconception of which tornado we drove into. But you obviously haven't done the work, nobody there has, of going to the web page and actually seeing this. So, unless you guys are to lazy to do the work, if you attack me in the press. Anybody from your facility or anybody from your program (what facility? what program?) contacts any of my bidders on Ebay and Ebay directly, they will be filed a lawsuit, because thats a federal law in interfering with business practices. You might want to contact your attorney. If a lot of this isn't changed and changed quickly, by Monday afternoon, there will be a high price to pay. Please do your homework. Please understand that this is a serious program. And if you don't you're just going to have to reap the repercussions.

And as a matter of fact, Scott Currens is part of my program. Reed Timmer is actually the one that filmed the event and Reed is a meteorologist so you guys gotta get your crap together or pay the price.

:roll: This might be the last I have to say on it though as storm season is here and I have more important things to worry about, like getting my chase vehicle done and chasing. Don't know why all the worst drama has to hunt me down. :roll:

And if you do your due diligence you will see that we did exactly what we said other than the fact of the misconception of which tornado we drove into. But you obviously haven't done the work, nobody there has, of going to the web page and actually seeing this.

Hmm... That looks like the first tornado to me... The one that was an F0 according to the following track map, though I could be wrong...

[Broken External Image]:http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ict/wxstory/2004061400_Mulvane2.jpg

David Drummond, Steve Green from Tornado Attack. I just got off the phone with (my contact at ch. 11) and he bothered to take the time to see me at the Landis house and I believe he talked to Chris Landis who told him that I was the one that pulled them out. (I checked with my contact and was told this was a false statement) Uh, the attacks and the approach, whether it's Kurt or whoever thats gone to Ebay, if you want to keep your association with Channel 11 I suggest you get everyone in line there (stormtrack), and eviscerate this page of attack (this thread). Otherwise, (my contact) will be calling you to make sure that contract is null and void.

And if you do your due diligence you will see that we did exactly what we said other than the fact of the misconception of which tornado we drove into. But you obviously haven't done the work, nobody there has, of going to the web page and actually seeing this. So, unless you guys are to lazy to do the work, if you attack me in the press. Anybody from your facility or anybody from your program (what facility? what program?) contacts any of my bidders on Ebay and Ebay directly, they will be filed a lawsuit, because thats a federal law in interfering with business practices. You might want to contact your attorney. If a lot of this isn't changed and changed quickly, by Monday afternoon, there will be a high price to pay. Please do your homework. Please understand that this is a serious program. And if you don't you're just going to have to reap the repercussions.

And as a matter of fact, Scott Currens is part of my program. Reed Timmer is actually the one that filmed the event and Reed is a meteorologist so you guys gotta get your crap together or pay the price.

Interesting... First, he slander/libels the board, by saying we haven't done our work, as if it were fact. Second, his recording is threatening, saying if we don't "get our crap together", were going to pay the price (what price, is it a death threat)?

Secondly, he is extorting you with "Intentional Interference With Contract", stating if we don't stop, he's gonna get your contract "null and void"...

Here is the tort of "Intentional Interference With Contract":

The tort of interference with contractual relations has its roots in the tort of inducing breach of contract. It is also refered to as te tort of interference with economic relations. Both the tort of interference with contract relations and the tort of interference with prospective contract or business relations involve basically the same conduct- in one case the interference takes place when a contract is already in existence, in the other, when a contract would, with certainty, have been consummated but for the conduct of the wrongdoer.

Sorry Mr. Green, but if it's lawsuits you want to talk about, then I suggest you read up on the law first, before threatening and slandering people :wink:

Ok, I finally found this guys phone number and called him, and we just had about an hour long conversation. First, I would like to retract one of my statements about them not being there on the Mulvane tornado. He's shown me some things and he and some of his guys apparently were some of the first people at Landis home. The TAV however was not at that location, which is what I originally stated. They apparently were at the home in some other "normal" looking vehicles (i.e. not readily identifiable as chase vehicles) as the TAV had broken down a couple miles away if I understood right.

Now regardless of what I personally think about the success chances of the whole project, he has invested quite a bit of time and money into research on building the vehicle. He hasn't fooled himself into thinking the debris won't take him out, he stated that he knows this is a very real concern, and plans to pick and choose which tornado he tries to drive it in to. I expressed to him my reservations on that as well, but he fully believes it's know what he's talking about when it comes to the research and design they have built into the car. Not being familiar with the technologies, I am not the one to judge on that one. I will say that he told me enough about it, that while I still think he's crazy for trying it, it did make me want to know more about the research and technology he put into the car.

Now, we also got to the bottom of the ebay thing. I was forwarded emails that his bidders forwarded him that they got throught he Ebay contact thing. For those that don't know, if you contact someone through Ebay, it forwards the message to the person, and it has the email address associated with the account you contacted them from. By looking at the headers of the emails, I found the originating email address, and the address has the persons full name in it. The person that did this is in fact a member of StormTrack here. The sent the following:

Dear name ommited,

No im not getting into your buisness as you might think im just looking out for ya. You may not have looked at any of the posts from that link I sent you, everyone there is a well respected chaser/spotter. My point in this is not to tell you what to do with your money. Though if i had 100,000 i wouldn't be spending it on something i may die doing but to help those that are impacted by what you want to see. I have been chasing for 6 years and have seen how these things destroy peoples lives.

To put it bluntly you would be getting ripped off if you won. But hey as you
say mind my own buisness I will. Sorry For being a stranger that might actually care about some one he doesn't know. Waste your money go for it. Id rather watch natures furry 100's of times over one time. That vehicle is tested in a wind tunnel tornadoes aren't wind tunnels. And he wouldnt be the first to see inside a tornado. thats already been done. so you might want to brush up on your facts. Have a blessed day.

To respond to this eBay member go to:
link omitted
Thank you,
name omitted

Now, regardless of what I think, IMO that was pretty crappy to go to anyone's Ebay auction and pull that. Especially when we might have had something similar go on with a member's here Ebay auction in the past.

This person contacted all his bidders with the same thing. Because my name was the second in the thread is what led him to think I might have been the one to do it. After examining the headers of the email though I know who it was. You know who you are too, so I want pull you name out here, but you need to knock it off dude. It's one thing for us to make fun of the whole tornado attack thing here in our own little world, but going and messing with their Ebay stuff was just wrong IMO.

And if you do your due diligence you will see that we did exactly what we said other than the fact of the misconception of which tornado we drove into. But you obviously haven't done the work, nobody there has, of going to the web page and actually seeing this.

Hmm... That looks like the first tornado to me... The one that was an F0 according to the following track map, though I could be wrong...

Yes, from talking with him we determined that it actually was the first tornado that they supposedly drove in to.

Ok, Steve just called me and stated that HE was the THE first one on the scene at the Landis home. He also said that was correct, it was the 1st tornado. He wanted to join the forum and answer some of the concerns about the project, but as we all know that is a bit of a process at this time. Just passing this along.

Re: wow

Looks like the bidding is up to $110,000 now.

Hey Reed, he's saying that you guys actually saw them drive into the circulation, and if I understood that you have video of it too? Any cool stuff you can tell or show us?

If it really happened, it happened and I have no problem admiting that I was wrong if I was. Certainly would like to see video of ANYONE driving into a tornado if it happens.

David, trouble has a real habit of hunting you down. Hope you have better luck avoiding it in the future. :)

No doubt. Here I was, just workin' on the van mindin' my own business..... ah well, as one of my chase buddies said, "You sure have a knack for pissing people off don't you!" :lol:

Felt like throwing my two cents in here...

Regardless of what anyone says, this program is crap. A stated goal is to "record scientific data." Really? And this ebay auction is just a perk of the science behind the project. I'll have to be sure to tell the NSSL guys that VORTEX II or any other scientific field project should be put on ebay and financed that way.

Further, the citing that the project is being led by "world-class meteorologists" is another vague and stupid statement. Who are these meteorologists? And how are we evaluating their capabilities?

Best of luck to this "mission" and I hope to see video of their vechicle's destruction soon.

Definately a SCAM! No doubt they're full of crap on their record number of tornadoes as I was on many of the tornado producing storms last year and the only INTERCEPT vehicle I saw was Bushrag! :lol:

At least we know now how they can claim the record number of tornadoes last year. Especially if using counts from chasers not with them at the time.

Back