Buy your own Chase Reality TV show?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5570178839&rd=1

Excerpt from auction: Our goals:

v To approach and enter the eye of a tornado several times with a state-of-the-art scientific vehicle loaded with scientific data collection systems

v To record images of the internal phenomena of tornado activities

v To record scientific data from the immediate surroundings and inside circulation of a tornado

My god this is scary to me! Anyone know these people?

It's the Tornado Attack guys again. Good Lord! If nothing else, that auction should be pulled for all the lies in it.

The winning bidder will accompany the expertly qualified ‘Team Tornado’ professionals as they venture through Tornado Alley from May 15 through June 12, 2005 on the hunt for tornadoes.

I am curious as to what makes a person expertly qualified to drive into a tornado?

hen along with pilot Steve Green, they will become part of the first scientific, daredevil and humanitarian mission to record the forces of a tornado inside the circulation.

Humanitarian? Give me a freakin' break!

Our special fleet of mobilized scientific weather laboratories is led by world-class research meteorologists, aero-dynamics experts, and a professional motorsports team.â€

Really? I had no idea that people the class of Dr. Doswell, Dr. Forbes, Dr. Wurman, and Dr. Bluestein were involved? (Of course they aren't!)

Last year ‘Team Tornado’ experienced 57 tornadoes in a 40-day period; which may be a world record,†says Green.

Which of course no one has ever seen any pictures of video of these tornadoes from them of these. And I am pretty sure that Jeff P. and some others may have seen equally as many or more.

After leaving Charlotte, NC to begin the ultimate extreme adventure, Team Tornado will stop by to visit the Landis family in Kansas whom they helped rescue immediately following the destruction of their home by an F4 tornado last year

Ok, I am calling complete BullSh*t on that one. We were there at Chris' house minutes after it hit, and while there were a bunch of locals there helping, there Tornado Attack Vehicle(s) were no were in site!

The sleek aerodynamic features make it capable of withstanding forces of an F-4 tornado (158-260 mph).

If this weren't assinine, it would almost be funny.

“…The Tornado Attack vehicle is purpose-designed to accomplish one thing… attack a tornado for the purpose of learning more about these phenomena. It just so happens that many of the components used in the Tornado Attack vehicle are also racing components. …Our company has many firsts accredited to its name. I saw the opportunity to be the first performance gauges to purposefully be driven into a tornado.â€

This whole thing smacks as a publicity stunt for racing components. I have said it before, and I have said it again, I just hope when they do it (IF they actually do it) I am close enough to get zoomed in video of that thing flying away like Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz!

EDITED TO ADD: Anything I have said here are strictly MY opinions only and are not related to anyone I might have any professional affiliations with.

These People sound like complete tools. I've been involved in racing and motorsports since I could walk and go to the track. There isn't a racing part out there that would withstand the force of a tornado and either stay attatched to whatever was carrying it, or continue to function properly.

Also, how are these "aero-dynamic" vehicles able to even approach a core with any stability?

This is the vehicle they propose using to penetrate into a tornado?...

[Broken External Image]:http://www.tornadoattack.com/car32d.gif

That thing'll roll in a heart beat. I get the sneaking feeling that the tuition their "aero-dynamics experts" paid for their degrees probably fed Sally Struthers for about two weeks.

Regards,

Mike

I, too, questioned their claims of being first on the scene to help the family. But I ventured over to their website and they do have some convincing video of that event.

They to have abandoned that TA-1 or whatever it is (fuel linkage problem) and chased in an SUV. Now I'm thinking, didn't they claim last year to have driven their "attack" vehicle into that very tornado?

Compare their vehicle to the TIV and tell me which one you'd rather be in if driving into an F4! (Of course, the TIV guys are only claiming that their vehicle is designed for an F0-F2.)

I, too, questioned their claims of being first on the scene to help the family. But I ventured over to their website and they do have some convincing video of that event.

They to have abandoned that TA-1 or whatever it is (fuel linkage problem) and chased in an SUV. Now I'm thinking, didn't they claim last year to have driven their "attack" vehicle into that very tornado?

Compare their vehicle to the TIV and tell me which one you'd rather be in if driving into an F4! (Of course, the TIV guys are only claiming that their vehicle is designed for an F0-F2.)

I think they did claim to have driven it into the Mulvane tornado, BUT, I don't think anyone ever saw any video of that. I mean, if you had video of that, would you be sitting on it?

If I had to chose, I would go for the TIV.

I look at it this way...

Most people on this site respect tornadoes and are into chasing because they love weather, it's their career, etc... These guys are in it simply for the money. They have absolutely no respect for mother nature (read: they haven't got a clue).

This is the vehicle they propose using to penetrate into a tornado?...

[Broken External Image]:http://www.tornadoattack.com/car32d.gif

That thing'll roll in a heart beat. I get the sneaking feeling that the tuition their "aero-dynamics experts" paid for their degrees probably fed Sally Struthers for about two weeks.

Regards,

Mike

thats got to be a joke on wheels.....theres enough area under that thing for air to get under and cause lift that I'm amazed it doesn't get a little spooky at 90+mph...

It looks like a fiberglass stock car shell with wheel spats and....maybe sitting on a full sized blazer frame or something....lol

No crap.....Fiberglass holds up so well at low impact speeds...lol

I worked in a bodyshop for over a year, Corvettes? I've never seen a car give in like that....its scary.

The aero dynamics of thet motor suck.
airflow will get under it,the wheel arches need serious mods, if that motor has a lightweight shell-ie fiberglass it will be ripped to pieces. there seems to me no realistic chance of it even being stable at 100mph.
I would rather take my chance in a Cherokee or even a Dodge Ram than that thing.

What I don't get is why they're even bothering with this any more. Tim Samaras has already shot video inside of a tornado for an upcoming Geographic Explorer show. It's been done -- and will be done quite a few more times by him, it seems. So why in the name of God would some fool want to drive a CAR into a tornado to shoot video?

This smells like a scam. They've been claiming to be ready to drive into a tornado for a couple of years now -- and still nothing. Driving into a tornado isn't exactly easy, but with enough attempts it's not really that hard, either, so long as you don't mind shedding your mortal coil.

TORNADO ATTACK SPECIAL!!!!
[Broken External Image]:http://chakalakasp.cliche-host.net/tornadoattack.jpg
ONLY $100,000!!!! HURRY!! SEATS GO FAST!!†

/sorry, Mike! ;)

†literally

This would be really funny if the guys were not serious. (OK...
it's still funny).

No body is going to really drive into a tornado --- PERIOD. This is just another ploy to grab media attention and make money just like all the other "tornado" cars in recent years. Kind of like the guy who made the
anti-bear outfit several years ago, but could never find a bear to
attack him.

Give me a life!

Mike

Back