9/14/04 NOW: Central Plains

Tornado warnings being issued for cells going up in Wyoming. Those cells will be working into South Dakota within the next hour or so.

Also cells near Cheyenne going up along with a cell to the east of Denver. In the meantime, a SEVERE T-STORM WATCH continues for areas of Nebraska and Iowa.. a new MD up for Northeast Colorado as well.

Thread being started to accomodate ongoing convection in mentioned areas...

Wow what a crapfest in e NE while in w NE supercell city. Any idea why the middle one isn't tor warned? Lowest tilt had a rather strong couplet...probably still does.

Storms progressing nicely over NE Colorado. All SEVERE WARNED at this point, no tornadoes as of yet, although as pointed out earlier, a couple of these storms do raise an eyebrow. Verne, I hope you're out representing us Coloradans who can't make it! *LOL* 8)

*EDIT* Storms looking like they may be firing along I-70, east of Denver in Adams and Arapahoe counties; tail-end storm may ride the outflow from earlier storms.. will watch those as well.. those storms just showing up on FTG radar in the last few frames...

Watchin' from home...

A September Akron tornado? Nice echo on radar; will follow that storm closely..

Also want to bring to attention the storm on I-76 directly to the north of Denver International Airport. Small as of now, but zooming in looks decent. May get a warning out of that cell if it maintains itself. Looks like it will ride along I-76 towards the Wiggins area before breaking off the interstate to maintain a northeastward motion. Storms to the east of Greeley also looking mighty impressive.

Wow! Not bad for Colorado in September.. I feel ya, Chris!

Very defined notch on the Akron storm as of the 6:40 radar image. Looks as if the worst of the storm will pass to the south of Akron, affecting mainly rural areas in the county. Big area of 60+ DBZ on that storm, including a 70DBZ reading on that storm. Hail potential as high as 3 inches. YEOUCH!

BTW, that storm has made a very apparent right turn, moving from NE to due east.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

sorry post other's in topic

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DES MOINES HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
SAC COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL IOWA.

* UNTIL 745 PM CDT.

* AT 655 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND
DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 6 MILES
SOUTH OF ODEBOLT...OR 58 MILES WEST OF FORT DODGE...AND MOVING
NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE...
NEAR WALL LAKE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT BY 705 PM CDT.
NEAR WALL LAKE BY 710 PM CDT.
NEAR LAKE VIEW BY 715 PM CDT.
NEAR SAC CITY MUNICIPAL AIRPORT BY 725 PM CDT.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/showsigwx.php?warn...ERSTORM+WARNING

Robbie, a friendly reminder that you are violating the target area rules by posting NWS bulletins w/o adding additional info. Just snip out the part you feel is most relavent and then add something to it.

A few cells appear to be trying to distinguish themselves from the blob over western IA. Still too far from the radar site to assess whether these cells are undercut. There does appear to at least be storm scale rotation - so maybe not all hope is lost - but still looking pretty grim. Guessing that Mike H. stayed home tonight - probably a good call.

Glen

Yeah I stayed home. I plan to just catch that storm that started in CO, that is just rampaging it's way east, sometime tomorrow closer to home....sigh. Look at that thing go!!!

Ah Tony and Chris - I had a work crisis popup and got stuck working! I was gritting my teeth all evening hearing the torn warnings on that Washington/Yuma County storm! Hope we get another chance before fall, this year has been crazy enough to allow it.

Back