7/4/07 NOW: IN IL OH MO KY TN PA VA NY

Severe Weather Episode beginning to unfold across the region. Thunderstorms are developing rapidly. One Tornado Watch has already been issued for OH and parts of PA, KY and IN. And another is coming out for parts of NY, and MD. Storms should continue to develop through the afternoon. Good Luck All

This thread should probably include MD.

OHIO:
The line from Columbus to Dayton is splitting into discrete cells as it heads east. I also like the cells south of that line. Shear and LCL levels improve as you head east.

EAST of the Appalachians:
I like those cells better than the Ohio from RADAR images but Ohio is where I am so good luck to anyone East of the appalachians.

Expect storms to strengthen in Ohio as they roll east.

Good luck to all who chase.

--
TOm

Intense storms now acquiring supercell characteristics in NW MD east of Martinsburg, WV heading ENE. In addition, there is now a tail end charlie cell developing over the Appalachians off Hwy 81 in NW VA. I would watch that storm, as it has fired on a tongue of higher sfc temps (i.e. upper 80s) and upper 60s dewpoints. Airmass ahead of this storm looks very warm, moist and increasingly unstable as earlier mid-high clouds have eroded across the region. Great directional and decent speed shear could combine with instability axis today for intensifiying storms heading toward the Washington D.C. area later this afternoon/evening.

line of stormcell North of Topeka

KS was not in this thread but please add it.
Here is the current info about severe stuff West of Topeka. There is a line going all the way to Leavenworth, KS and beyond into Missouri most likely.
Hope this was okay to post :)

Storm ETA The selected storm cell is not currently forecast to reach 'Rossville, KS' before 3:10 PM CDT.
Storm Attributes Possible Doppler Indicated Tornado
trans.gif
No
trans.gif
Maximum Precip Intensity
trans.gif
Very Heavy
trans.gif
Risk of Damaging Wind
trans.gif
Low
trans.gif