6/18/07 NOW: IL, WI, MN, IA, MO

Well it appears most of today's severe reports have occured outside of the risk areas from pulse storms largely concentrated around the Chicago Metro area. Several 60mph+ wind gusts. Right now there is a nice discreet cell with a slight right turn moving into Will County, IL. TOR is currently in effect. Looks to make a direct hit on the Joliet and Lockport areas.

Just got back from that TOR warned cell. Got on it in southern LaSalle County well before it had any warning on it. Had nice structure. Got penny - quarter size hail just west of Morris. Was a complete soaker, NO visibility at all, leaving Morris flooded. I won't go into the suburbs, TOR warned or not, especially this time of day. So I went as far as a few miles NE of Morris & then headed back to Ottawa. It won't stay that way for long, Lake Michigan will make sure of that.

Took a very crappy cell in home town.. Actually had some rotation for a bit, but did see a non rotating wall cloud.. Very Heavy Rain.. Nothing Else..

We had a cell move into WI from IL that layed the smack down in Racine and Milwaukee county. Many reports of trees, poles etc damaged and we handled a semi that was blown over by straight-line winds as the storm passed over I-94. There was also some hail large enough to take out some windows and damage one of our cruisers.

Ugh, currently watching decent looking storms DIE just a few miles away as they approach me. It seems to never fail. Just look at those dbz values plummet!

On a different note, parts of far northern, IL and especially southern WI have been inundated by almost nonstop rains since late this afternoon.

Back