5/31/05 TALK: S Plains/W Texas

I'm almost willing to be that thing has dropped another tornado near Nazareth just south of SR-86. Nice BWER on tilts 1-3 on the last 3 scans of BREF. Couplet is also maintaining itself with a southward movement at around 20. We will probably see some photos from our buddies on that storm since all of the torandoes in this region are spotter confirmed. Baseball size hail reported with this storm just a few moments ago as well as a rotating wall cloud.

Looks like the storm will move just west of US Highway 84 into NE Hockley County TX. It is continuing to shift its course ever so slightly more towards the south with each scan and factoring this in to extrapolation trends...I have it hitting 4.2 miles south of Anton on Highway 168.

Good opportunity for an intercept if you are headed wnw out of Lubbock area. Storm looks nasty and is definately the dominant supercell attm.

...Alex Lamers...

All I can say is WOW.....the SPC reports page can NOT be up to date considering I have seen many more spotter reported tornadoes in warnings this evening so I am sure they are well behind. Still a good supercell going in Sterling/Tom Green Counties in TX. Funnels and baseball size hail reported already with those. Seems like this has been the best West Texas chase day all year. DFW may have a derecho to look foward to in the next few hours....uh oh.

Back