4/6/04 NOW: SE Texas

Sorry, this belongs in a new thread, but it's very late and I'm very lazy right now....

I just returned from N TX, and Tuesday played out about as advertised.

Td's were pushing the magic 60, but didn't quite get there. IMO, though, the big issue was sfc winds, or, more accurately, "sfc calm air".

It was very cool to be able to see under the bases of about 6 or 7 "storms" at once (I was mostly INVOF Jacksboro to SPS), and I would have to say the storm that went past SPS put down the nicest looking w/c of the bunch, but most everything lacked SRH and moisture, and they starved. Bases were mostly about 2000 feet AGL. I missed the nader from that "SPS storm", even though I was right there. Oh well...

I got some vid, got some stills....gotta get to bed now.

Bob

P.S. I also got some vid of the storm down near Marathon TX Monday....got hailed on pretty good, too.

4/6/04 REPORT EXTREME NORTH TEXAS

There wasnt an area to post for chasing in North Texas on 4/6/04 so i just decided to post here. Pics are up along with a brief chase report of the strong to severe storms over extreme Northern parts of Western North Texas & Southern Southwest Oklahoma.
Chase report & pics are at http://www.texhomastormchasers.com/page6.html
You will likely need to scroll down & or accross the page to see the pics & reports. May add some vidcaps in the next few days.

Back