3/11/06 NOW: Upper Midwest to TX/LA

This Storm in Jefferson County one of the most long tracked supercell I have ever seen. All though it did not started producing tornadoes until moved in a more favorably low level sheared enviroment in southeast Missouri it has been producing hail ever since it moved out of northwest Arkansas earlier this afternoon. It has ofcourse merged with other storms since it moved into Illinois but the I have followed the same velocity signature on radar since it was southwest of Frederickton, Missouri Hours ago.

Also you can actually see the track of the Suppercell on the SPC Storm Reports map its Quite Stunning.

The 'training mesos' cycling on that storm looked somewhat reminiscent of the May 9, 2003 supercell along I-44 between Tulsa and OKC.

The new Supercell in Perry County, IL will be the 3rd to move across the same area in the past hour. But it looks like they may be lucking out as the storms appear to be losing some steam.

I also noticed the remark about 154 power poles being downed near Pinckneyville, IL. However, if you get out your handy road atlas you'll see IL state highway 154 runs east-west across central Perry county. The 154 power poles reference surely means along highway 154. Nevertheless, it's a long, tough night in southern IL...

The sup near Marshall, Arkansas is looking more impressive with the last few frames. It has a nice area of gate to gate and a nice hook on composite. To think the storm in Southern Illinois was near the same area 5-6 hours ago is quite remarkable. Lets just hope that this storm begins to die out and not chase the other sups across 3 states.

Due to tree's and hills and not having an AR Gazetter, we are ending our chase. Back to OKC to do it again tomorrow. Here's wishing the people in IL the best and hope they fair well!

Originally posted by James Siler
Due to tree's and hills and not having an AR Gazetter, we are ending our chase. Back to OKC to do it again tomorrow. Here's wishing the people in IL the best and hope they fair well!

Good call cause things have really quieted down in western Arkansas.
But man if your planning on going BACK east again tomorrow, you must have a nice sum of money to spend on gas, im envious.

I was looking at that and i think its going to pass just to their south. Well... lets hope...

I take that back.... its going to pass almost right over....

Has anyone been able to find webcasts from st louis?

near Cherryville, MO another storm w/ strong rotation, warning has been issued, most of the path area is thankfully rural country

But man if your planning on going BACK east again tomorrow, you must have a nice sum of money to spend on gas, im envious.

No, not alot of cash, that is why i am working 15 hours of OT this week. But it helps my chase partner is amanager at Cingular and got a bonus! :D

Reading the warning texts from the Springfield office on the West Plains supercell... appears that the city was spared a tornado, but a wall cloud was reported by spotters near the city. Hail and strong winds were reported. Mostly just rural stuff east of West Plains...

Back