• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

2021 tornado contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Lemery

Staff member
Supporter
Fire up your thinking caps and be the Stormtrack member who comes the closest to the time and date of this year’s first EF-3 OR HIGHER tornado without going over. Come up with the best guess and win a $100.00 gift card from Walmart.

Just post your guess here with the time and date. We’ll use the NWS data to determine time of touchdown and official strength. If you guess over by even one minute, you are out. The deadline for posting a guess will be midnight on February 15th, 2021. If an EF-3 tornado occurs before the forecast deadline, the next EF-3 to occur will be used instead as the verifying event.

The card will be sent to you via United States Postal Service at the address you provide.

Good luck!

Last edited:
This is an easy one. February 20th 6:04 pm. During a recent time travel trip I spent some time reviewing the Mississippi storm damage. I personally would have rated it a EF-2, but I may have missed something. One more note. Whatever you do stay away from Taco Bells!!!

Admins cannot participate, but I'll go ahead and throw in my guess of 13:01 AM ADT on 31 Smarch! Ha!

:p

STAFF NOTE
To those participating, keep in mind that any generic time of day is ambiguous without a qualifier referring to your time zone. We are converting your times to UTC for our bookkeeping. If the UTC time on your post does not reflect the actual time you wanted, you need to reach out to a moderator or post your UTC time of day in your post so we can be clear on it.

I'm thinking the year is going to start off slow...again...and just when the "State of the Chase Season" thread gets really sour a big beautiful trough digs in around the latter half of May spitting out the first EF-3+ near Medicine Lodge on 5/19 at 2215 UTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back