2011-04-27 NOW: LA, MS, AL, TN

Atlanta is boxed up in a PDS now. It really looks to me like this is going to continue for several hours. Shear/instability etc are all good for continued supercell development.

Just got off the phone with Bill Hark from Richmond, VA. We only spoke briefly but he relayed to me that he is on a large cone tornado doing damage west of Richmond, VA right now

Hearing reports from the pleasant grove area of multiple fatalities and multiple people still alive with missing arms and legs. An official from the area said they haven't come close to reaching the worst damaged areas. This is a freaking nightmare.

Hearing reports from the pleasant grove area of multiple fatalities and multiple people still alive with missing arms and legs. An official from the area said they haven't come close to reaching the worst damaged areas. This is a freaking nightmare.
I heard that on a live stream a few mins ago. Definitely disturbing and not a good situation.

I also heard reports on WHNT that a trailer park was hit and completely decimated with multiple fatalities. I can't remember the town but i thought they said coleman county?

Mobile is taking over for BHM at this time as they are taking cover.

Appears to me the cell / rotation sw of Dadeville is sporting an intense high reflectivity debris ball in conjunction with SRV signature.

Addition: Latest scan is showing a TVS and direction of path is Dadeville.

Debris ball evident on cell SW of Dadeville. Dadeville looks to be in serious trouble.

Debris ball evident on cell SW of Dadeville. Dadeville looks to be in serious trouble.

That looked to be an almost direct hit by what will probably prove to be a major tornado. Debris ball as you stated was very clear, velocities were high...not a good situation.

Storm moving N of Atlanta looks potent as well. Now a new cell just crossed into GA and it will pass much closer to the Atlanta metro.

At 8:37 the KMXX radar was showing a TVS sporting 147 Kts Maxdv for storm approaching Dadeville. However of course time is now 9:08 and cell has passed that area.

I'm worried the people in Atlanta will let their guard down. ATL is a very large metro area and it looks like SPC will issue a new Tor watch back into Alabama. As these additional storms develop they will eventually push into the ATL area. Conditions will not be as good in four or five hours as they are right now but still good enough to support a couple isolated tornadoes. I do not want to see a late night/early morning tor roll through Atlanta.

Just downloaded GR2 and having issues with screen shots but the couplet SE of KFFC looks very discouraging. I hope this dies out soon as I called my sister right and got her to safety right before her house got demolished in T Town.

Back