2011-03-22 DISC: NE/IA

my question kind of got buried in the post, but just to ask again why wouldn't there be a storm survey for the creston tornado?! any ideas?!

I am curious to this as well. I am not sure if there was any damage associated with this tornado, but I would imagine it would not have been difficult to go back and identify where the track was. It was a fairly easy tornado to identify.

Level 2 radar animation with GPS tracks from Adam Lucio and me. Its interesting to see how well that northern cell's hook tightened up while the southern storm was the one that produced the Creston, tornado. At least you can could tell which of the two was a big HP and which had a sunny RFB.

Watch video >

Its custom software I'm developing. I'd like to get it to the point that I can release it to the public, but its not there yet.

I've searched all over for a damage survey for that tornado and came up empty handed. Maybe its one of those photogenic ropes out in a field that did little to no damage and slipped through the cracks on getting logged/surveyed. That's the ideal catch for a chaser if you ask me.

FYI...

I talked to someone at DSM this morning via e-mail.

The Creston tornado was rated an EF-0.

The person I talked to does not believe they did an actual survey though.

Back