• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

1950 Fall Tornado

Jake E

Enthusiast
I have known about this tornado and it generally bugs me that it's forgotten, it was a Duo-County tornado, spanning from Lancaster to Berks County.
It happened on November 4th for some reason, and it has been rated a F3, but Thomas Grazulis rates it a F2. The thing that makes me mad that people forget it is how it carried a woman 30 feet with part of a building! How could that be forgotten? Guess it wasnt that popular of a tornado. Please reply if you know someone who lived through this tornado.

That Storm Events Database link you post was it, It wasnt that much of a popular tornado but I know all about it lol

What can you tell us about it?
It skipped from the Neighborville-Reamstown area to Adamstown and Tuckerton, damaged and/or destroyed 14 buildings, threw a woman 30 feet with portions of a building, escaping with cuts and bruises.

Back