• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

2013 Ephrata Tornado

Jake E

Enthusiast
In 2013, a storm hit Lancaster County in the Paradise and Gap area.

However, it hit Ephrata too, but this part wasn't well documented.

Footage of the the Ephrata part surfaces on YouTube, however the video has been made private. (I found it 2 years ago in an article published in 2015)

The footage was apparently a tornado forming in Ephrata.

Information about the Ephrata part is very hard to find, basically impossible besides that video.

Last edited:
Curious if you mean 2012 ... I see which seems to fit (but, it cuts off the tornado near Gordonville ... Ephrata is a good 5 miles NNW from the surveyed tornado end) ... Storm Events Database - Event Details | National Centers for Environmental Information . I could not find something in 2013.

The video has said 2013, and I found a site and I was able to get the title of the video, and it said June 17, 2013 and it was published on June 19.

But checking the path of that 2012 one, it is kinda close to Ephrata.

I thought the tornado was 2013 and it wasn't reported in the SED.

That would be weird, it was apparently a cone and I think it touched down.

Maybe he made a mistake.

Thanks!

Back