THE LA BASIN ALONG THE FRONT AND AHEAD OF A BAND OF STRONG
LARGE-SCALE ASCENT. IN ADDITION...A WELL-DEFINED MID-LEVEL JET OF 90
KT IS CURRENTLY OFF THE COAST OF SRN CA. THIS FEATURE WILL CONTINUE
MOVING INLAND...PROVIDING STRONG ASCENT FAVORABLE FOR THUNDERSTORM
DEVELOPMENT THIS AFTERNOON. STORMS WILL BE MOST LIKELY IN THE BAND
OF MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN AS THE BAND DRIFTS SWD ALONG THE COAST
TOWARD THE SAN DIEGO AREA THIS MORNING. OTHER STORMS WILL LIKELY
DEVELOP FARTHER NORTHWEST CLOSER TO THE UPPER-LOW WHERE THE
COMBINATION OF SFC HEATING AND COLD AIR ALOFT SHOULD BE MAXIMIZED.
IN ADDITION...A VORTICITY MAX EVIDENT ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY WILL
MOVE SSEWD INTO THE LA BASIN THIS AFTERNOON. THIS COMBINED WITH
STRONG DEEP LAYER SHEAR WILL BE FAVORABLE FOR STRONG CONVECTION
WHICH MAY APPROACH SEVERE LIMITS. IF ENHANCED SFC HEATING OCCURS AND
SFC-BASED INSTABILITY CAN DEVELOP...A FEW MINI-SUPERCELLS WILL BE
POSSIBLE WITH A MARGINAL THREAT FOR WIND DAMAGE OR HAIL MAINLY ALONG
THE SRN CA COAST AND ACROSS THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY. A MINIMAL
TORNADO THREAT MAY ALSO DEVELOP IF SFC WINDS CAN RETURN TO THE
SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE LA BASIN CREATING A FAVORABLE SHEAR ENVIRONMENT
FOR LOW-LEVEL STORM ROTATION

Good thing I will be on the road for much of today out and about around the LA Basin. I will get pix if anything develops. If I could get a pic of a funnel cloud over LA... WOW!

A reminder that the Target Area rules state:

3) Prohibited content. Stormtrack strives for a very high signal/noise ratio in Target Area since many chasers use this forum on the road and can't sift through pages of fluff. These items are prohibited and will result in Target Area privilege suspension:
-- NOAA/NWS products or bulletins posted in their entirety. If you post such a product, trim it to the bare minimum and always include informational comments.

Aaron

hey we only get one of these a year at best - wondering if anyone caught a glimpse of anything - we were hammered by tstorms all night last night and potential for water spouts we very high (some spotted in seal beach)
so if he rambled on a little.... so what? probably will be the ONLY California thread all year , and think of how many other ramblings in the past that led to nothing ie Midwest, ect

We had a couple of good days! I did see a news report that showed a water spout just off of Malibu. Also downtown LA did get pea sized hail around noon yesterday (Oct. 27th.). Around 2pm or so I thought I saw a funnel on a cell as it passed over South Central around 2pm.

This morning here in Dana Point there were a few close CGs... that's about as good as it's gonna get for So. Cal, so I am happy!

Aaron,
I had decided to put as much info in my previous post because it is a pretty rare occurance for S. Cal.

Hello So, Cal weather fans. This is my first post.

I saw some water spouts off of Long Beach just a few hours after the Malibu spouts were spotted. I got a ton of photos but didn't want to post them all in case they dopn't post right.

Bp.

IMG_0068.JPG[/img]

Bob please re post... the pix didn't get posted, and I would really like to see them!

How do I post a picture on this.

It didn't work last time. Sorry to be taking up space ask qusetions. For some reason when I click the "img button" nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Glad to see that you Southern Cali guys are on this fourm as well. Looking forward to lot's of dialog.

Please e-mail with the secret on how to get photo's up.

Thanks,

B.p.

Brian, you have to upload the picture to the web first. This can be done if you have webserver space from your website, etc. You can sign up for a free webspace account at various 'free webpage' or 'free picture-space' website (e.g. geocities, etc). Once you upload to that, then you can link to the picture using the

Great Jeff Thanks.

I'll work on that. It just started dumping over here in Torrance. They were not even forecasting rain here today.

I will post the water spouts ASAP.

Thanks for your help.

B>p.

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I finally joined and i live in San Clemente, CA. Southern california for those of you that dont know where that is. Anyways...i just got my new camera...a nikon 8800. I wanted to share some of the storm pictures i have achieved. The picture is from out my bedroom window. It was my first try at lightning and it came out ok. I cant wait till the storm return!

64a7cee896b2ad284cb2436ba9e5ff6a.jpg

Back