07/09/2004 NOW: Central High Plains

Storms firing in Wyoming; severe storm warnings north of Cheyenne. Also storms trying to go up west of Denver and drift east onto the Plains.

Although not chasing, maybe I'll catch a good storm between jobs this afternoon, and since I am driving pizzas tonight, maybe get under one then, too! In either case, storms are going up.

Actually, a nice looking echo showing up west of Denver.. although stuff around it seems to be moving off towards the east, the highest DZBs seem to be stationary. The northern fringe of this storm has drifted into the Wheat Ridge/Arvada areas north of I-70 on the west side of town. This cell then falls back to the south and west towards the foothills near Evergreen and Conifer. May start to hear of flooding or small hail from this in the not too distant future. DBZs of 60 in a pretty solid area of this storm from I-70 south.

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER CO
230 PM MDT FRI JUL 9 2004

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL JEFFERSON COUNTY IN NORTHEAST COLORADO

* UNTIL 315 PM MDT

* AT 230 PM MDT...THE PUBLIC REPORTED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM NEAR TINY
TOWN...OR ABOUT 18 MILES SOUTHWEST OF DENVER...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT
10 MPH.

Hail up to an inch possible.. they say cell moving southeast.. not too agreeing on that.. ah well! Good lightning off to my west... also, the winds are blowing about 30mph TO the west.. this storm has some mighty fine inflow heading into it! Rain falling now over downtown (where I'm at).

Possible SWW for Western NE

NWS is still considering a SWW for Eastern WY and Western NE due to developing storms in WY. They posted a Meso discussion about the storms in WY about 90 minutes ago and still no SWW watch issued yet. One group of thunderstorms is situated between Laramie and Wheatland, WY.
A storm warning was issued for the city of Laramie about an hour ago.

8)

Back