06/12/04 REPORTS: NE, KS, IA, MO, TX, KY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by JHadorn
Did anyone notice at about the 1:00 mark of the debris footage that there appears to be a piece of sheet metal or something really shiny waaaaaaaay up there? It's at the left side of the screen, maybe just at the edge of the debris cloud.

Really high up.

I'm not sure this is the same debris shot, but it might be:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/345395...155374401UIbDEA

I'm awful late with getting my report onto here, but I've been busy as hell with other matters. Most of you have probably had your fill of vids and pics from Mulvane, but if you haven't, you can see more (pics) here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/34539595lubiwL

(Girlfriend) Floss and I are still nearly breathless from witnessing this event.

We pulled off of K15 onto a gravel side road (mostly because of a small amount of chaser congestion parked on K15) as the storm's RFB exhibited rapid rotation, and this turned out to be very lucky. 10 minutes later, we watched the white, backlit tornado from a perfect position. Our view was from only about 1/4 mile away at that time, and was nearly 100% unobstructed as the house was destroyed and then it roped out.

Bob

June 12, 2004 Mulvane tornado

I would also like to thank Bob, David, Graham, Shane, Chad and Susan for showing and allowing me to see and have a dream come true, which was, I always wanted to see a REAL tornado in person and that dream has finally been fullfilled. It is one of lifes most awesome experiences a person can witness, although I do feel for those who lose homes, lives etc. This was my very first REAL tornado I've ever seen. ALthough Bob and I have seen a few last year, but they were in a way distance and it was my first year chasing, I really couldn't see some of what he was seeing and now I finally got a feel of the real affect of a chaser. Thank you ALL so very much and hope to be chasing ALOT more with you all in the future.

Re: June 12, 2004 Mulvane tornado

I would also like to thank Bob, David, Graham, Shane, Chad and Susan for showing and allowing me to see have a dream come true, which was I always wanted to see a REAL tornado in person and that dream has finally been fullfilled. It is one of lifes most awesome experiences a person can witness, although I do feel for those who lose homes, lives etc. This was my very first REAL tornado I've ever seen. ALthough Bob and I have seen a few last year, but they were in a way distance and it was my first year chasing, I really couldn't see some of what he was seeing and now I finally got a feel of there real affect of a chaser. Thank you ALL so very muc and hope to be chasing ALOT more with you all in the future. :thumbright:

This could possibly be the latest chase account ever.... :?

A few people who enjoy reading what I write have been kicking my butt about the absence of an entry for June 12th, 2004 on my website. I have finally got around to putting down on paper our version of this day - and so here's the link:

http://www.stormskies.com/ChaseDiarySat12thJune04.htm

I'm afraid it's text-only right now. I could take some video captures, but June 12th wasn't really the highlight of our 2004 season. It did provide me with an interesting chase to write about, though.

KR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back