• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

06/12/04 NOW: NE, KS, MO

A second-hand (left I believe) report......

Storm chasers Shane Adams, Graham Butler, and David Drummond report seeing at least 5 tornadoes on the tornadic supercell storm that traversed across south central Kansas this afternoon/evening just south of the Wichita, Kansas area. Their chase included viewing a tornado(s) from birth through roping-out stage in addition to a tornado that did significant structural damage to a building. Graham estimates that the damage could be rated somewhere in the F2 to F3 range. One of the tornadoes also went from being highly visible to being completely rain-wrapped, to becoming visible again, producing some of the prettiest visual effects that they had ever seen with a tornado.

Shane will have a complete chase account up much later this evening/early morning, Graham will post some digital pictures asap, and David will post links to video when they get to a location where they can upload the information. Congratulations to you three amigos on your excellent storm intercept today---drive home safely.

Tom Tackett

Originally posted by Tom Tackett

David Drummond

David, if you stayed in this area for tomorrow's event, could you call or drop me a line? I'd like to do the interview we talked about while you're around, if you have the time before initiation or post-event tomorrow.

Scott Roberts

Originally posted by Scott Roberts+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott Roberts)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Tom Tackett

David Drummond

David, if you stayed in this area for tomorrow's event, could you call or drop me a line? I'd like to do the interview we talked about while you're around, if you have the time before initiation or post-event tomorrow.

Scott Roberts[/b]

Might be able to do that Scott, we are staying the night again here to chase Sunday. Too tired to even post pics today. An incredible day and we are all exhausted. What a storm!

Well looking @ radar before bed looks like this line of storms along line of Sedgwick & Harvey Counties is going to produce some flooding problems as it has pretty much become stationary. Here is ICT we just had a pretty nice outflow gust of wind come through as well (I would estimate 40-45 mph winds). Also, there is a pretty good lightning show up to the north as well. Lastly, just saw SPC has us in another moderate risk tomorrow so good luck to all those chasing tomorrow.

Back