• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Anyone remember this series of storms? Harvester, a hamlet near my then home got hit by what was later determined to be an F1 tornado. We were out on the Mississippi River on a friends boat when the storms started rolling in. We were driving home on Hwy B and Huster Road when we were hit by the RFD. On the radio the announcer said there was a tornado warning for Saint Charles County. The storms formed out in central MO and crawled eastward I guess. I wasn't old enough to chase, as I was nine years old.

Another question, does anyone remember the bow echo that moved through St. Louis on the 21st, which was a Thursday? We were sitting in class when it moved through. It got dark as midnight with a greenish tinge. Someone yelled out that there was going to be a tornado and the whole class freaked out. I remember how vivid the lightning was. The bow echo formed out in Nebraska, moved east and then southeast through St. Louis.

First image: May 21st, 1998 as bow/MCS was cruising thru STL area.

Second image: May 23rd, 1998 St. Charles, St. Louis, and Pike Counties on the MO side were under tornado warnings. A local subdivision, The Vineyards, was hit by the Tornado.

Attachments

• 5-21-1998.png
    5-21-1998.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 5-23-1998 TOR.png
    5-23-1998 TOR.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Back