05/09/04 NOW: MI, WI, MN, NE, SD

Here's the decision guys like Amos, Mike. P., and others have to make.....

Does that cell near Vermillion SD stay on the Iowa side of the MO River, or the NE side?? The bad thing about this area is that you have 3 bridges where you can cross the river, but south of Sioux City, you have to go clear to Blair, NE. Pick the wrong side, and you're stuck with it for 70 miles. Ugh... I'm sure Mike Hollingshead has had this fun little diliemma several times. ;)

This cell looks like it's definitely the most chaseable of the bunch, and it should have free reign before that line back to the west gets a hold of it.

My guess would be that the best viewpoint of this particular cell would be on the Nebraska side of the MO River. Mike H. was right.....this bad boy is coming right down the river.

The tornado warning storm way up in northeast Nebraska is not moving and even back building to the west. With only 15 to 25 knots of mid level winds the mid level storm relative winds are 20 to 30kts.

I love chasing these storms, hardly moving beasts! Hope someone is on it, Mike P?? Send pics.

That is the sweetest radar animation, Mike G. - - wow - I love going back through and reading this play-by-play after the fact. The interesting thing about that animation ... the core of that storm was sitting dead center over the top of a local highway off of I-29 ... since a person had to go a ways west to catch up with the inflow, that meant that the ONLY way out was back through the core ... what a nightmare ride. Was trying to carry on a conversation with Kiesling and drive through the most torrential rain/hail ever ... was locked in 4x4 the whole time - still scary ... thanks for posting that.

Back