Your cool animated avatars?

Tim Samaras

OK, I give!

How do you guys make animated avatars, like Aarons cruzin' hot dog, or some of the other wild stuff that's on?

I've been "avatarless" for almost a year, and want to create something different.

Thanks!

Tim

I think they are animated gif's. You can make them in Photoshop or other image editting programs. Somebody who has made one probably has more information.

Personally, I dislike the animated avatars. All of the ones on this forum seem to be okay, but they tend to get out of hand. I've been on forums where everybody has some crazy-neon animation. It starts to looks like an annoying flashing banner ad. If they don't give you a seizure then you are assured to become motion sick. I hope they don't get out of hand on this forum.

I found the animated gif of a hotdog on a school's lunch menu website (ran across it randomly) I then edited it in jasc's animation shop pro (I downloaded the trial version just for this purpose!).

www.jasc.com

Aaron

Animation is hard...I know...I like to use Macromedia Flash MX and/or Swift 3D...I have to animate stuff every now and then for my clients if they want it...Imageready is weet, as well.

Hi Tim,
I made the one you see to the left using a free trial copy of ULEAD Gif animator and 3 frames of my own tornado video. The trick is to come up with something interesting that fits in the image pixel and file size space and looks good looping.

Here's the software download link:

http://www.ulead.com/ga/runme.htm

By the way, I have the NGC Secrets of the Tornado on my Tivo - great job on your media probe captures! Was that June 9th they showed in KS when you were being sideswiped by the RFD winds in your truck?

Personally, I dislike the animated avatars. All of the ones on this forum seem to be okay, but they tend to get out of hand. I've been on forums where everybody has some crazy-neon animation. It starts to looks like an annoying flashing banner ad. If they don't give you a seizure then you are assured to become motion sick. I hope they don't get out of hand on this forum.

This will most likely not occur due to the size restrictions on Avatars on here...the animation has to be kept to a minimum.

Back