Your all-time FAVORITE tornado video

I love Chuck Doswell's Pampa tornado. I also love Andover. My personal video of the Brady Neb. tornado is the best I have taken. I feel so lucky to have been there.

One of my favorites was the Minneapolis, Minnesota "helicopter" video showing vortex breakdown, and amazing videography of trees being blown over and ripped into the air. The pilot and reporter got disciplined for getting that close, but it was "the" video in my mind for years!

One of my favorites was the Minneapolis, Minnesota "helicopter" video showing vortex breakdown, and amazing videography of trees being blown over and ripped into the air. The pilot and reporter got disciplined for getting that close, but it was "the" video in my mind for years!

Is that the one with the reporter who has a Foreign sounding accent? you also see the tornado dissipate??

Fridley, MN 1986

I was actually in the Fridley, MN Tornado in 1986. We were in a nature center near were the tornado tore up trees at the end of the video. We could see the helicopter flying around the tornado at the time, but spent most of the time peeing our pants as there was 3 of us, all 6th graders under a walking bridge. We ran away from the tour group to be misfits in the nature park and ended up getting a great view of trees and power lines snapping about 200-300 yards away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOcOmVW5QU

Manchester SD, June 24, 2003 as filmed by Tim Samaras from ghostly wedge to furious rope and a sky swarming with debris.

Agreed. That was some amazing footage. Also, the Storm Lake, IA video his probes snagged is also an unbelievable video.

The farmer's video is also one of my favs. That was probably the first video I've ever seen that really made my jaw drop.

I would also know where I could that video in its entirety. I think I have seen bits and pieces of the footage and it is easily a top 3. The part where what look like 3 or 4 paralell vorticies are wrapped around the wedge is absolutely incredible.

Bumping this question regarding the Crazy Farmer tornado video---I haven't seen any of it. Is it available online anywhere?

Thanks.

Nicollet MN 08/24/06, video was shot by a guy named Craig Maire, truly awsome footage! LOL :D

wow..... not at the video. but at you... wow.....

my favorites have already been mentioned. i would LOVE to see Reed's Arnett footage in HD. I also can't stop watching the McConnell videos on youtube. any detailed video of multi-vortex action is mesmerizing to me. youtube's compression really kills a quality video. maybe i should buy some dvds, eh? i think my christmas present to myself will be about $200 worth of storm chasing dvds. so pm me if i should buy something.

Last edited by a moderator:
The full video was on Youtube but seems to of been pulled.

Some of the footage is on this chopped down version from 2:35-3:25(which contains a lot of stolen footage btw). Although it does no justice to be being able to watch the other version.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cBh3t1yUoiI

Darin

I wanted to mention this clip, but I didn't know what to call it. The "Crazy Farmer" video? Yeah, the combination tornado/structure in that storm was otherworldly.

The Jerrell, TX foundation sweeper developing from a thin rope to screaming monster is also one of my fav's.

Never heard of the guy, have you?? :D

I forgot to mention the Hesston, Kansas,*sorry can't remember who shot it* multiple vortices becoming visible for that brief second after it hit that concrete/powdered substance factory. Really gives someone the true colors of a large damaging tornado.

Mike Scantlin wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Maire II
Nicollet MN 08/24/06, video was shot by a guy named Craig Maire, truly awsome footage! LOL :D

WOW WHAT? I WAS JOKING GET OVER IT!...:mad:

Danny Neal wrote: Never heard of the guy, have you?? :D

Never heard of me?? LOL! Huh? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I found these on youtube this morning. I remember the day it happened, KWTV-9 in Oklahoma City went live with this feed as it occurred during one of their afternoon weather shows. The entire clip was posted in two pieces so I've included them both. The tornadoes are weak, but it's some of the most incredible video ever taken:

Back