WxWorx XM Data Receiver & Mobile Threat Net software $175 auction

This is exactly the wrong time of year to post this, but I'm selling the WxWorx receiver, which works perfectly.

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

I have an auction listed eBay with the starting price of $175. The Buy It Now price is $225. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/JYXhSP

You can see more pictures of the unit there.

The following items are included:

1. The 2nd-generation XM WxWorx receiver. Uses USB connectivity, still works perfectly.
2. A magnetic XM antenna with a 25 foot cord.
3. A 12V DC power cord
4. A heavy duty USB cable
5. A copy of Mobile Threat Net 1.18 on CD. A CD copy of GPS Mapping Upgrade specific for this receiver. (Recent upgrades are free from Baron, 1.39 is the newest)

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Amos for the radar update. Why you selling? I'm actually thinking about purchasing for next season since I've been having problems getting Internet out in the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert, I don't chase as much anymore in areas where I would lose cell phone coverage, for one thing. I also have devices for both AT&T and Verizon (iPhone and a mobile broadband card) cell data, which extends my range. When it was more common for me to chase in places like the Nebraska Sandhills or the Dakotas, this unit was indispensable, and there were times this season I could have used it. The data plans are no-contract and you can usually talk them out of the activation fee by insisting that you're a "seasonal" user, though if you're opening an account for the first time that probably won't work.

I'm also in a selling mood lately, ha-ha. I sold my camcorder last month (my new refurb-Mark II shoots video) and after this WxWorx auction, I plan to sell one of my two mobile 2 meter radios. You collect a lot of gear over 17 years of driving around looking at clouds. I once used a huge hard shell camera case with cutout foam inside to secure equipment. The case was "NATO certified." LOL. I look at that monstrosity now and shake my head. I bet I get $25 for it on eBay.

Good to meet you in the field the other day!

Back