WxWorx V1.33

I just checked the WxWorx website and there is a new version of WxWorx available for download. I have not had an opportunity to check it out yet, but according to the documentation it does not appear that they have added any SPC products or for that fact any products at all that would be of use to us storm chasers.

The release on 1.33 is Oct 2005, 1.31a was released Jan 2005. I installed the new version today and the only noticable difference is there is now a buttom in Mobile Threatnet to turn the XM Link on and off. The release notes say that they have added a demo mode feature that will allow the user to download archieve files and display historical images but I have not yet tried to do that.

Boy, if one wanted archive radar products why the hell would they want xm radar files? That seems pretty silly for an update. Fix the real problems! Echo...echo.....echo.

seems to me there putting the stupidest things in there new updates. I mean come on give us SPC day 1 and MCD's Watch box outlines. threatnet is some what based off the ones media shows on TV they atleast get that why not us. I dont need to archive something. if i did ill just hit the print screen and paste it in my paint. Also yeah that was my bad on the versions, no biggy.

Any way they like suggestions so i guess all who have the threatnet need to email them and point out that they want theses products not dumb meaningless stuff.

What a stupid idea...in general. I mean, Threatnet's interface, looks horrible, and approaches the 'kiddish' look, why would you want to archive something...thats what GRLevel3 is for, and NCDC....

Boy, if one wanted archive radar products why the hell would they want xm radar files? That seems pretty silly for an update. Fix the real problems! Echo...echo.....echo.

Seriously, LOL... Why in the heck would somebody want to archive ThreatNet's radar? I'd like to see SPC products (watch boxes, MDs, outlooks)... It would also be my dream to see SPC Mesoanalysis products on there - but that won't be for ten years :lol:

Before they do the text products and whatnot they should work on the radar. It does nothing but sucker me alllll the time, lol. I always consider messing with storms on the way home at night because they look decent on xm. I get home and get on the computer and just have to laugh. A non-severe storm on there(far from at times) would look the same as a 75dbz monster. A lot of nice supercells will fit in between that realm and there is zero distiction right now with xm radar.

Before they do the text products and whatnot they should work on the radar. It does nothing but sucker me alllll the time, lol. I always consider messing with storms on the way home at night because they look decent on xm. I get home and get on the computer and just have to laugh. A non-severe storm on there(far from at times) would look the same as a 75dbz monster. A lot of nice supercells will fit in between that realm and there is zero distiction right now with xm radar.

Yeah, I know...

Seriously, it can be pretty bad at times. The first time I ever used XM was this year, back in April, in Kurt Hulst's car. Our first chase together using XM was on 4-28 at night on the MO/AR border, when a bunch of elevated convection developed... Several of the storms were showing 1.75" inch hail on them. Yet, I remember driving right into the "golfball" hail and getting nothing but a LIGHT shower! Then, as time progressed (as in the first few chases following)... I most certainly learned to take XM's "indications" with a major grain of salt. In addition, I remember driving through the OK panhandle on 5-12 (before the tornadofest) and all of this JUNK severe showed 115mph "shear" markers, and the dude said "we were approaching a twisting storm!" :roll: :lol:

JUNK severe showed 115mph "shear" markers, and the dude said "we were approaching a twisting storm!" :roll: :lol:

Weird. I have actually had a lot of luck using their shear markers. I also set the XM next to my home computer and watch it during severe events. XM seems to do pretty good with the rotating storms vs tornado warnings and the like.

Maybe it has its days.

It's really true, and is the case, lol. I have seen numerous XM shots, where the storms look SO BIG, and beastly, only to find out after driving hours, that it was a Summer Pulse Storm, lol....The XM, sometimes displays to high of dBZ values, and depicts the composite reflectivity, more or less, than the base reflectivity.

There is something called, like Direcway...but it is for stationary computer users. I can't wait until we can get that type of internet, Beau! That way, we won't have to rely on Mobile Threat Net, but we can use what ever radar viewer we wish.

JUNK severe showed 115mph "shear" markers, and the dude said "we were approaching a twisting storm!" :roll: :lol:

Weird. I have actually had a lot of luck using their shear markers. I also set the XM next to my home computer and watch it during severe events. XM seems to do pretty good with the rotating storms vs tornado warnings and the like.

Maybe it has its days.

There was plenty of different days where it showed "rotation!" on crap... Obviously, it's truthful sometimes - but everything XM gives you should be taken with a grain of salt. Satalite internet would be so nice at a affordable price... Isn't their satalite internet now? I thought I heard of it available, yet the price is pretty extreme per month.

Back