WXWorx question

Hi guys,I wanna ask you an information.
If I have a WxWorx on Wings (aviation solution) can I use it with Mobile Threat Net software also? Is it possible to buy only the software?

Hi guys, I wanna ask you an information.
If I have a WxWorx on Wings (aviation solution) can I use it with Mobile Threat Net software also? Is it possible to buy only the software?

Hi Andrea, hope all is well....looking forward to seeing you out there this spring!

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here? They have three different packages, aviation, marine and ground. To my knowledge it's the same software CD (minus some minor upgrades on the website). The screen just "turns on" certain buttons depending on what service package you signed up for, right everyone? For example, I use Ground-Threatnet ($100 month) in the spring, but switch to Marine-Fisherman ($29.95 month) in the off season. Some people just turn off the service completely. With the Threatnet service I believe all my buttons are lit up, expect perhaps some marine ones. When I'm on the cheap Fisherman service I get radar but not shear for example. So the answer to your question is that you already have the software....if I'm reading you correctly?? Also, they are coming out with a long awaited software upgrade this spring, hopefully to address the "shear blobs," they can do better than the current solution.

Gene Moore

Gene is right (mostly). You have the full software already. The package you subscribe to is what decides what features are turned on.

for the first 2 years I used the full ground package that cost $100 a month but found out I could use the $50 package just as well. Only difference is the shear button isnt enabled so you cant visually look at the strength of the shear but you still get the shear markers (rotating donuts) which tells you how strong it is so you can see where the shear is anyway. I dont feel like I lost anything but paid half of what I was at first.

What I am excited about is the new software update being announced this weekend at the convention. It should make WxWorx an even better investment. just wish I knew what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, All of the XM receivers are the same. (Wx works on wings/mobile threat net/etc..) It just depends on what software you use with the receiver and what kind of package you use from Xm Wx. I just bought a receiver off of someone on ebay and got it about half of the price. More on more are showing up on ebay now that the product has been out for a while. This season will be the first chase season with it, so wish me luck!

Back