WxWork Announcing Software Changes...

Apparently WxWorx is going to be making some announcement on software changes at the Storm Chasers Conference. Hopefully they will be adding some text products. :)

Sounds interesting. Maybe a silly question, but I am wondering why is the radar resolution in Wxworx so poor...why can't be like GRl3 for example? Is it a bandwidth cause or anything else?

What can be better than grl3 with allisonhouse feeds on the road? I guess nothing, well with spc's mesoscale analysis then you'd call it a road to heaven. :)

It's a bandwidth issue for satellite broadcast.

Actually this chase season I have better - GRAE (Level II) with AllisonHouse on my laptop, and GEMPAK on a virtual PC in a window . Verizon is high speed in most of my area now ;>

It sure would be nice to see them add some SPC products such as Convective outlooks, MCD's, watch text to the product suite. I wouldn't think that would take so much bandwidth especially since most of these products are only issued a few times a day a couple of dozen times on an active day.

It sure would be nice to see them add some SPC products such as Convective outlooks, MCD's, watch text to the product suite. I wouldn't think that would take so much bandwidth especially since most of these products are only issued a few times a day a couple of dozen times on an active day.

Yeah that would be nice. I wish we had better reception around here for high speed. We don't. So there are not a ton of options here.

It's a bandwidth issue for satellite broadcast.

Actually this chase season I have better - GRAE (Level II) with AllisonHouse on my laptop, and GEMPAK on a virtual PC in a window . Verizon is high speed in most of my area now ;>

I just recently found out about AllisonHouse (i only recently got grlevel) and just wondering what yours and anyones elses thoughts are on it. And the F5 data too...

AH is wonderful, if you don't have a non-NWS source for radar it will save you quite a hassle. I use it for LSR's, METAR's and most importantly -- lightning!

Bandwith is an issue with WxWorx and radar resolution. I would hope that they could add convective outlooks, MCD's and watchboxes/text.

Despite its limitations, I am still a big fan especially when chasing in the east.

Bill Hark

I haven't heard when the release is going to happen.

Believe me...I tried my best to pry a tidbit out...but no go!!

Jeff is going to have ~15 minutes at the convention this weekend...and we'll make him SPILL THE BEANS on it!!

Oh, BTW....we're giving away one as a grand prize!!

See y'all there!
Tim

I sure hope it includes Text Products and maybe some SPC overlays or something. I am on the fence about buying it, mostly because I know I can't get the forecast text products which are more important to me after I've got on a storm. Here's to hoping :D

According to Martin Lisius, there will be some SPC products, but as I understand it..there is lots more. If somebody that is attending the convention this weekend wants to 'live blog' it for all to know...go for it!

We will have table space for note taking (especially important for Sunday) and computer blogging (using your own laptop) for every attendee!

To recap: All of the details of the WXWORX upgrades will be made public this coming Saturday at the National Storm Chasers Convention THIS WEEKEND in Denver.

See y'all there!

Tim Samaras

According to Martin Lisius, there will be some SPC products, but as I understand it..there is lots more. If somebody that is attending the convention this weekend wants to 'live blog' it for all to know...go for it!

We will have table space for note taking (especially important for Sunday) and computer blogging (using your own laptop) for every attendee!

To recap: All of the details of the WXWORX upgrades will be made public this coming Saturday at the National Storm Chasers Convention THIS WEEKEND in Denver.

See y'all there!

Tim Samaras
DOH! Part of me hopes its just minor upgrades so I don't feel the urge to buy it but I'm guessing it will be on a laptop near me come spring. :p

Im super excited about the update. I just purchased a Wx Worx receiver off of ebay. They are showing up a lot more on ebay now, as the product has been out for a little while (mostly wx worxs on wings). These recievers will work though. I hope the update includes a little better satellite/radar resolution and maybe some SPC overlays. That would be sweet.

Back