Would you mobile mesonet for science?

It certainly is apparently most would be on board. So the next step is to see how to go about getting folks to actually do it.

Let's look at what would be acceptable (reliable, accurate, etc.) data and instruments. I've used Davis for chasing purposes, but it's know they are useless while on the move. Perhaps someone familiar the Vortex2 and similar mesonets can give some more precise discussion on the needs from the science community in order for the venture to be worth the time and cost.

Perhaps a "how to" type discussion would require a different thread?

It certainly is apparently most would be on board. So the next step is to see how to go about getting folks to actually do it.

Let's look at what would be acceptable (reliable, accurate, etc.) data and instruments. I've used Davis for chasing purposes, but it's know they are useless while on the move. Perhaps someone familiar the Vortex2 and similar mesonets can give some more precise discussion on the needs from the science community in order for the venture to be worth the time and cost.

Perhaps a "how to" type discussion would require a different thread?

I've done all that part. I just need a few minutes to document the discussion I've had with folks that build/built the scientific mesonets. I was hoping to build a website with all the details, but I just haven't had the time.

But briefly...it's not just about what parts to use. It's about everyone using the same parts. It is of limited value to the scientific community if everyone goes off and runs whatever they want. The error in readings would be so great in comparison to each other as to make the data nearly unusable.

Sure, but i won't be out often. I live in Houston and Im still in high school.

I think this is a great idea. I would be on board, as long as the money factor wasn't too out of control. All my money goes towards chasing, being a broke college student and all.

I see that this thread has for the most part, died a while ago, but i was wondering. Is this still a thought, i see that you are not currently working on it but is there a chance of this happening in the future. I would definately love to do this.

Back