Wifi/Internet Explorer/Net Stumbler......

Mike, not sure if its been brought up, but have you checked the order in which network adapters are accessed? Right click on 'My Network Places' go to 'Properties' then on the menu bar click 'Advanced' then 'Advanced Settings'. You can move the order in which the computer should try and access each device. Mine looks like this:
[Broken External Image]:http://www2.okstorms.com:8080/images/random/network_settings.png
Let me know if it helps, if not I'll see if I can come up with new ideas.

Thanks all. I finally gave up and took Amos' advice. I am now letting windows do the connecting. I took Boingo completely off as well as Netstumbler and disabled the internal wifi. It now works great connecting via windows. So if anyone continually have problems you might try removing the aps and just use windows.

Mike I run both netstumber and Biongo side by side all the time with an orinoco card and never use the windows (SP2) WiFi sniffer as it slow ~ you will end up driving right by the WiFi access port before it registers.

As Dan says this may be one where you have to be infront of the PC to fix it

Just a thought ~ under I.E. connections do you have a proxy server set? as some cable companies require this :? you will find it under connections / LAN settings.

Back