Where are the Feds?

Became severe? Are you talking about the strongly worded warning? They made notice of the possibility many days in advance. The strong wording is really optional and was something beyond what would even be expected. The NWS performed just as expected during this event.
Right. I wasn't criticizing the NWS. I am simply saying that the government didn't exactly have a weeks notice that they would be rescuing the entire gulf coast from sinking into the ocean.

According to Drudgereport:

BUSH CONSIDERS ADDRESS TO NATION; CALL FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION
Wed Aug 31 2005 10:20:34 ET

President Bush is considering an address to the nation asking citizens to conserve energy, a top White House says.

Bush ordered the release of oil from federal petroleum reserves to help refiners affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Bush returned to Washington on Wednesday to oversee the federal response to the historic disaster. He plans to coordinate federal efforts, across more than a dozen agencies, to assist hurricane victims.

"Still undecided is whether or not to call for a nationwide effort to reduce energy consumption during this emergency," a top Bush source explains. "It is seriously being considered."

Developing...

conserve energy with a big national holiday coming up. i just dont see it happening.

I dunno. We're already hearing a lot of people just here on this board saying gas prices are going to keep them home a lot more.

With prices pushing $3 dollars a gallon, I think we will definitely see some serious conservation going on, just by necessity.

Back