Where are the Feds?

B Ozanne

EF5
What the f? Where is the federal government? They need more than the National Guard...they need everything.

Where is the damn president? He needs to be addressing the nation at this point. It might not have looked as scary as 9/11, but this is devastating. This is the nation's worst disaster ever.

The extent of the disaster hasn't struck the general public yet, the way it seems. The media reported New Orleans dodged the bullet and things weren't that bad and that is what sticks in peoples minds. It'll just take some time to sink in.

What the f? Where is the federal government? They need more than the National Guard...they need everything.

Where is the damn president? He needs to be addressing the nation at this point. It might not have looked as scary as 9/11, but this is devastating. This is the nation's worst disaster ever.

what do you expect there to be done? Why does the president have to address the nation. The National Gaurd is there, the Coast Gaurd reserve is being called up, there is a US Navy Ship accepting the injured. The scope of this thing is so big and there is no point in rushing troops in and getting them killed

Well, the fact that the 30th largest city in the country has been destroyed and there are millions of refugees...that's big news.

I can't believe the networks aren't covering this as breaking news. They break in a programming for a lot more mundane things.

Well, the fact that the 30th largest city in the country has been destroyed and there are millions of refugees...that's big news.

I can't believe the networks aren't covering this as breaking news. They break in a programming for a lot more mundane things.

Not to mention the prison riot situation... It sounds like total chaos down there, I certainly wouldn't want to be down there, if I was a rescuer even....

Indeed......the major networks are still playing Gilmore Girls. As a result, most people who haven't been paying attention have no idea how bad this really is. As a result, there is less pressure for Fed action and one expects lower contributions to Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc...

Jay Antle

Still the federal government is mobolized, it takes time to get everything going. Bush has done pretty much everything he can do, he has declared the entire region a disaster area freeing up huge amounts of funds for them. The Homeland Security disaster office has been opened in Atlanta. Remember this happened yesterday.

I guess it took a couple days for the news stations to start really covering the tsunami. But this is the big one. This is the disaster that everyone has been planning for.

Don't get me wrong, the feds are helping and doing as much as they can. This one really needs everything though.

Indeed......the major networks are still playing Gilmore Girls. As a result, most people who haven't been paying attention have no idea how bad this really is. As a result, there is less pressure for Fed action and one expects lower contributions to Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc...

Jay Antle

less pressure for fed action? you cant be serious.

what do you expect there to be done? Why does the president have to address the nation. The National Gaurd is there, the Coast Gaurd reserve is being called up, there is a US Navy Ship accepting the injured. The scope of this thing is so big and there is no point in rushing troops in and getting them killed

Also FEMA is on the way with all sorts of supply's from MRE's, food, water, medical, money.

Also FEMA is on the way with all sorts of supply's from MRE's, food, water, medical, money.

Yes New Orleans is bad but if you wanna see really bad, go watch houses as islands on CNN.com. Coastal Mississippi is devastated so much worse

Sorry, when I had started this thread I just heard the mayor of NO on tv. Apperently the helicopter never showed to fix the big breech, he doesn't know what is going on, he doesn't have a plan. He has given up on trying to stop the water.

Somebody needs to step in and do something. I'm not saying they are going to do the right thing, they need to do something though. When the s**t hits the fan you need a plan...any plan...as long as its a plan (Winston Churchill lived by those words).

Sorry, when I had started this thread I just heard the mayor of NO on tv. Apperently the helicopter never showed to fix the big breech, he doesn't know what is going on, he doesn't have a plan. He has given up on trying to stop the water.

Where did you hear this?

What channel?

Coastal MS looks like Banda Aceh, its horrible. But those people are either dead or evacuated. NO is a major city with tens of thousands stranded alive and in danger.

Back