What is the best GoPro for storm chasing in 2022?

I have been looking at GoPro's the past couple of weeks. I am looking to make it my dashcam camera and will probably do timelapses with it. I was wondering if I should go with a GoPro or if I should get a dashcam.
The highest I would probably go is $175. The main GoPro I have been looking at is the GoPro Hero 7 black. Does anybody have some tornado footage or any footage from the GoPro 7?

The difference between the two cameras is only about $30-$40. I don't see a ton of differences between the two besides on the camera body itself. Does anybody know if there is a considerable difference in video quality between the two of them?

IIRC video is basically the same but for such a small price difference I'd go for the 8 as it has a few extra features which might be useful. I have found Go Pro batteries a real chore to recharge though.

IIRC video is basically the same but for such a small price difference I'd go for the 8 as it has a few extra features which might be useful. I have found Go Pro batteries a real chore to recharge though.

I will probably run the power externally which should eliminate the battery issue.

I can see one being attached to a drill bit on an unused bit of pavement in a tornadoes path. Any transmit? On a balloon to get caught in winds feeding in…hooked to a bit in the Lee side of an object and released at the flick of a switch. Last more than a drone perhaps…or attached to a drone.

I could see a mini balloon chain like Mogul.

Back