What first, threat net or just mobile internet?

Originally posted by Jay McCoy
I was wondering...lol

You can run WxWork with only 448 of RAM? does it have any issues with updating or locking up? If no problems then I dont see any reason for me to upgrade to 1gig unless you run it standalone. I also run SA 2004 at the same time.

I ran my wx worx last year on a laptop that had 256 mb of ram. I usually had SA running as well. Only time I had a problem is after an hour and a half or so, it would start telling me I was low on memory. It can be done, but I am going to upgrade this year.

Fellows,
I am getting ready to order my Weather Worx system and can't make my mind up based upon the comments here on Mobile System vs Marine system.
The Marine system (as I understand it) has everything one would need AND it comed with the heavy duty Marine antenna. It is also less money to operate. I need pros and Cons now!!

PLEASE MAKE YOUR LAST COMMENTS AS I AM PURCHASING ONE OF THESE SYSTEMS SOON!!!

Thanks
N5PTW

I could be wrong, but I think that it is possible to get the mobile hardware system, the mobile software package, and the marine or air data package. Right? At least, that's what people were saying last year.

I think the hardware is the same for all. I have the mobile maps/software and am using Marine/Sailor.

Sailor is the cheaper Marine plan at $30/month instead of the $50 one. You don't have echo tops, lightning, or upper level winds with this plan, but oh well.

Does anyone have any experience with the marine antenna? Seem an external waterproof antenna might be a good thing to have in the rain and it looks better built than the smaller GPS type receiver.

Does anyone have any experience with the marine antenna? Seem an external waterproof antenna might be a good thing to have in the rain and it looks better built than the smaller GPS type receiver.

I was going to ask this as well. The land combo comes with the regular looking receiver, whilest the marine version comes with the little white stubie looking antenna. If I understand this correctly, it really depends on the software installed more than anything else?

I was going to ask this as well. The land combo comes with the regular looking receiver, whilest the marine version comes with the little white stubie looking antenna. If I understand this correctly, it really depends on the software installed more than anything else?

Well, the antenna is just the antenna. You can stick any old compatible antenna on the WXWORX box. From the looks of it, you can probably use the same antenna that you use for the music service on Delphi units.

I have XM radio. XM radio utilizes the same tiny little magmount "puck" antenna that the WXWORX does. It held up to rain just fine on my now-extinct Crown Vic -- even carwashes didn't phase it. :) Antenna type shouldn't be an issue. Actually, if you want to be really, really stealthy about your chasing, you can just leave the antenna in the corner of your windshield inside your car. As long as it can see the southern sky, it'll get data just fine.

So the software is interchangible with each version? OR the software IS the version? Hope that makes sense.

Are you sure that can run on 20-60K mobile internet feeds? Looks more like something that would require high speed...

Back