Westboro Baptist Church will picket the National Weather Service Oct 8th

The world rolling around the Norman/OU community is that the protest was pretty pitiful - only 5 or 6 members showed up. However, it was estimated that 30-40 non-members also showed up, but may have been mostly local media, like the OU newspaper staff. I haven't heard if there was any substantial number of counter-protesters.

I heard that they were signing "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen as NWC workers walked by while holding signs about homosexuality hatred. Figure that one out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike was quoting from their press release.
haha yea, I think he was offended that I inferred that this press release had to have had drugs involved.

Whether you were quoting or not, I took it that you were on board with what was being said...and it appears as if I was correct. Never once did I seekan apology....never once did I say that your thoughts should be censored. And no, I have no desire to let this spiral into the abyss here in S.T. If you ever get out in the alley during storm season, we can always meet each other and take it up from there if you wish, I'm out for a month each late May thru all of June, and I'm easy to track down. I believe what I wrote should be crystal clear, and I did it in as soft and as respectful manner as I'm capable of doing. Religion always being babied?

Whether you were quoting or not, I took it that you were on board with what was being said...and it appears as if I was correct. Never once did I seekan apology....never once did I say that your thoughts should be censored. And no, I have no desire to let this spiral into the abyss here in S.T. If you ever get out in the alley during storm season, we can always meet each other and take it up from there if you wish, I'm out for a month each late May thru all of June, and I'm easy to track down. I believe what I wrote should be crystal clear, and I did it in as soft and as respectful manner as I'm capable of doing.
What? You've completely lost me......

Well....a few moments have elapsed since my last post that I made to John...thanking him for essentially tugging my coattail and making me stop and come to my senses. I apologize to whomever had to read my post directly above his. I was getting up in the air like in days gone by, and it was wrong of me.
I don't make excuses when I'm in the wrong, I own up to it. This may shed some light as to explain what's going on. Ten years ago at a restaurant, one of my best friends for 25 yrs....who was 53 yrs. of age at that time and sitting with his wife....announced gleefully that "they were pregnant". He was a cross between a biker with a free-bird spirit....a guy that used to be a for-real "debt-collector" for undesirables yet with a good heart sometimes too....a strange mix. When he so proudly announced that they were pregnant, those of us close to him looked at each other, then started in with the "well that's great, but "what IF" ...."what if" "what if". They didn't want to hear it, of course. Well.....ten years later, here we are: She died of breast cancer 5 yrs. ago....and yesterday late afternoon I stood in his hospital room with his two boys ....aged 10 and 9...while the doctor unplugged his life support machine and let him die.......HepC and lastly bleeding thru into his brain was the reason for pulling his plug. So, in a couple of hours from now, I'm leaving home to go spend the night at his house with his 2 parent-less boys." What IF"...became "well....THIS IS WHY"....and now we're pickup up the pieces. As I write this I'm so sad I could cry....and at the same time I'm absolutely so efffin' angry I could chew through a steel cable right now. My apologies for letting my raw-ness override my sensibilities in my post. Thank you again John, for saying the right words gently, and making me take a breath.

Back