Westboro Baptist Church will picket the National Weather Service Oct 8th

I'd love to be there to confront them, with Bible in hand and show these charlatans how they are and have been mis-using the Word of God to advance their own agenda. It's why I left the whole fundamentalist church movement. Lord help those poor brain-washed people..

So, YOUR interpretation is right, and theirs is wrong?

Various churches have been "creatively interpreting" this abundantly unclear document for centuries...

So, YOUR interpretation is right, and theirs is wrong?

Various churches have been "creatively interpreting" this abundantly unclear document for centuries...
Thanks, Rob. Yeah Greg, their's is wrong. Agree on your "various churches" statement. That's why I left where I was attending.

I'd be surprised if they do show. Lately they seem to just post they are going to show up somewhere and then don't, but the media plasters it everywhere and their name stays in the news.

Remember: probably the biggest reason these people are still around is because people still react to their presence. Yes, their messages are incendiary and tasteless, but the best way to get these people to go away is to not pay attention to them. If you fight back against their presence, you're only helping perpetuate their existence. Just go about your day normally and pretend they don't exist, and...if everyone does it, they really will cease to exist.

Agree. Give it as much attention here in private as it merits, which isn't much; publicly, ignore it. The way to kill a phenomenon that only survives on public attention is to starve it to death.

With all the media, posting / writing about them and why they plan to protest... why show up and risk a confrontation, their reason has already been mention.

Reminds me of the animal rights group PETA. Every year they film a super bowl ad that always gets rejected. It ends up being shown on every social media outlet available to see why it was rejected (usely too sexy) and in the long run more people end up seeing it than they would have during it's "1" airing during the super bowl plus saves a million+ bucks for the 30 seconds it would have cost!!

ONLY by God’s mercy and power do you gather intelligence on His weather. The day comes when all weather rules, as you know them, will be gone. America crossed the Rubicon when, by force of law, you permitted same-sex marriage. Further, when a people cast the commandments of God behind their back and turn to evil, God will turn the weather, the elements and all nature against you! Give the glory of the Works of God, TO GOD! Your DUTY is to never again attribute the glorious works of God to any other, including your false goddess, Mother Nature. Let these words of God instruct you! Nahum 1:3 “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” God gave instruction, and said OBEY, promising good things for obedience or otherwise evil things! Joshua 23:15 “Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.” NOTE to weather reporting rebels: nothing happens in this earth without the direct command of God. HE is sovereign of all! Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” Amos 3:6 “Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?” Jeremiah 7:9-10 “Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely… and walk after other gods… And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?” NO!! Destruction cometh! Stay tuned! Global Warming is just getting started!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

drugs are bad......mmmmmkay

Whoa....easy there, Mike. As a man who takes his long-ago decision to follow Christ's teachings seriously (and who often falls far short of that goal daily), and as a man of 60 who half my life ago was so heavily involved with drugs and alcohol that the amounts I would often laughingly ingest were the same amounts that killed others, I can attest that for me, living a Christian life is infinitely more satisfying and rewarding than my former life of self-induced hell. The beauty of my life now is that I get to witness to others who are locked into the same horrible, destructive path as mine was. My personal Christian walk is serious business, as there are times I'll need to deal with truly intelligent and decent souls that have allowed themselves to fall so far down that they are now in the process of weighing the consequences of suicide. My brother, and I say this to you with respect....it gets my hackles up when Christianity is the recipient of a cheap-shot. Unless someone is personally coming at me hard and with a dedicated desire to inflict harm, I'll normally get over the initial sting of the comment quickly... shake it off.....then walk away without holding malice towards that individual. I guess what I'd like for you to understand is that a comment such as yours does have a real bite to it to a LOT of people, and if that was your intention then congratulations.....you scored. If it wasn't your intent...then humbly, all I ask that you give perhaps a brief moment of thought as to what I'm trying to convey here. Allrighty....well, that's all I've got. Thank you for taking a moment to read this. With respect and a tip of my hat to all my fellow Stormtrack brothers and sisters, adios and mas alla. Joel Ewing / Stormtrack member since 1985.

Whoa....easy there, Mike. As a man who takes his long-ago decision to follow Christ's teachings seriously (and who often falls far short of that goal daily), and as a man of 60 who half my life ago was so heavily involved with drugs and alcohol that the amounts I would often laughingly ingest were the same amounts that killed others, I can attest that for me, living a Christian life is infinitely more satisfying and rewarding than my former life of self-induced hell. The beauty of my life now is that I get to witness to others who are locked into the same horrible, destructive path as mine was. My personal Christian walk is serious business, as there are times I'll need to deal with truly intelligent and decent souls that have allowed themselves to fall so far down that they are now in the process of weighing the consequences of suicide. My brother, and I say this to you with respect....it gets my hackles up when Christianity is the recipient of a cheap-shot. Unless someone is personally coming at me hard and with a dedicated desire to inflict harm, I'll normally get over the initial sting of the comment quickly... shake it off.....then walk away without holding malice towards that individual. I guess what I'd like for you to understand is that a comment such as yours does have a real bite to it to a LOT of people, and if that was your intention then congratulations.....you scored. If it wasn't your intent...then humbly, all I ask that you give perhaps a brief moment of thought as to what I'm trying to convey here. Allrighty....well, that's all I've got. Thank you for taking a moment to read this. With respect and a tip of my hat to all my fellow Stormtrack brothers and sisters, adios and mas alla. Joel Ewing / Stormtrack member since 1985.

Oh, and allow me to make this last comment with respect to the topic that got this conversation started. Regardless of my strong Christian beliefs.....what this Baptist Church is doing is ludicrous. I understand what they're trying to convey in a general sense....and I applaud them for standing up for their convictions, but imo, they're going about it in a way that is just so damaging to their message and their church. As a Christian man, I really hate to see this....and more than anything it saddens me. And I promise, if given the opportunity, I would agree to tell them so......straight-up and face-to-face. Not in a mean way, but within the spirit of helping shape their message so it might be more readily received by all.

I'd love to be there to confront them, with Bible in hand and show these charlatans how they are and have been mis-using the Word of God to advance their own agenda. It's why I left the whole fundamentalist church movement. Lord help those poor brain-washed people..
In your opinion....what is their agenda?

I dunno, who's more offensive: a bunch of loons proclaiming that God's weather will wipe us out, or a bunch of storm chasers whooping and hollering as they record a town's destruction for utube? ;)

I'm envious, Stan. You're got a helluva mind working up top there, brother. That comment was a home run hit...straight out of the ball park and into an unsuspecting open-door box-car blazing past the outskirts of the ballpark's property on a nonstop trip to the coast. Well done, sir. Beautiful logic. I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy!

Whoa....easy there, Mike. As a man who takes his long-ago decision to follow Christ's teachings seriously (and who often falls far short of that goal daily), and as a man of 60 who half my life ago was so heavily involved with drugs and alcohol that the amounts I would often laughingly ingest were the same amounts that killed others, I can attest that for me, living a Christian life is infinitely more satisfying and rewarding than my former life of self-induced hell. The beauty of my life now is that I get to witness to others who are locked into the same horrible, destructive path as mine was. My personal Christian walk is serious business, as there are times I'll need to deal with truly intelligent and decent souls that have allowed themselves to fall so far down that they are now in the process of weighing the consequences of suicide. My brother, and I say this to you with respect....it gets my hackles up when Christianity is the recipient of a cheap-shot. Unless someone is personally coming at me hard and with a dedicated desire to inflict harm, I'll normally get over the initial sting of the comment quickly... shake it off.....then walk away without holding malice towards that individual. I guess what I'd like for you to understand is that a comment such as yours does have a real bite to it to a LOT of people, and if that was your intention then congratulations.....you scored. If it wasn't your intent...then humbly, all I ask that you give perhaps a brief moment of thought as to what I'm trying to convey here

I applaud them for standing up for their convictions

I am an atheist and I do not think that I should have to apologize for that.....I will admit that my comment WAS meant as a cheap shot towards religion (especially of this cult-like magnitude) and I apologize that it offended you. At the same time though, I will stand up for MY convictions, and I respectfully think that anyone who believes or follows the long quote that is posted below is either on drugs, or more likely, a little mentally ill. I say this in all seriousness...not trying to offend you. Now, I am not claiming that all extremely religious people are mentally ill (that is a discussion for another forum), nor do I think that these people are all necessarily bad. You can believe whatever you want to believe. If finding god, or religion, helped you overcome some problems in your life, great, believe it, I am happy that you are OK. I just don't think I should have to believe these things, and opinions regarding such beliefs should not need to be censored. Religious people rarely seem to censor their opinions about non-believers.... Finally, I think you may still be offended after this post, but that was not the goal here, I just felt the need to defend myself, because I am sick of religion always getting babied. I respect you as a person, I just happen to disagree with your beliefs. Hopefully this can end here on an agree to disagree basis, and ST doesn't need to spiral into a religious forum, but I doubt it, LOL.

ONLY by God’s mercy and power do you gather intelligence on His weather. The day comes when all weather rules, as you know them, will be gone. America crossed the Rubicon when, by force of law, you permitted same-sex marriage. Further, when a people cast the commandments of God behind their back and turn to evil, God will turn the weather, the elements and all nature against you! Give the glory of the Works of God, TO GOD! Your DUTY is to never again attribute the glorious works of God to any other, including your false goddess, Mother Nature. Let these words of God instruct you! Nahum 1:3 “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” God gave instruction, and said OBEY, promising good things for obedience or otherwise evil things! Joshua 23:15 “Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.” NOTE to weather reporting rebels: nothing happens in this earth without the direct command of God. HE is sovereign of all! Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” Amos 3:6 “Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?” Jeremiah 7:9-10 “Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely… and walk after other gods… And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?” NO!! Destruction cometh! Stay tuned! Global Warming is just getting started!

Last edited:
Back